BB200: Britney 111k SPS/88 pure - Come congratulate your queen for outdoing Brinty Joan

Lou M. Taylor

7 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I don't get why people don't get that #1's are not going to be the norm anymore......she's an almost 35 year old woman who's been doing this for 18 years......lets get real people, she's a legend yes but she's no longer the hot new thing. 

A top 3 debut is actually amazing considering she's coming off a major flop/practically non existent era, the album leaked a week early, people love to hate her, and she's been around forever. Plus her numbers for both Glory and MM show improvement......at least she's not still on the decline and maybe B10 will be yet another improvement......she's still trying to find herself and who she wants to be in this stage of her career, Glory will be a stepping stone I think to even better things. 

I hope RCA won't see the numbers as a failure and will continue letting Britney do what she likes

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Britney M. Carey said:

I hope RCA won't see the numbers as a failure and will continue letting Britney do what she likes

Since they're better than BJ I think they'll be ok with it 

Part of me wonders if she should switch labels though, I mean RCA seems to pick the worst weeks for her albums to come out and some of the stuff people complain about her team about are actually things that the label should be doing, not to mention sending the album out way too early which caused the leak. I mean ever since Jive went under her albums have struggled....I think it's RCA

48 minutes ago, BombastiCinderella said:

I can't believing I'm seeing people talk **** on this album because its not #1.

If you're looking for #1s, go stan other artists because Britney has no radio support and a trashy team so she'll unlike get a #1 these days yet this time she was actually able to produce AN AMAZING album so TRY YOUR BEST TO MAKE THE GP HEAR IT, HAVE ACCESS TO IT.

If you can't support her for her work, dont stick around for the numbers.

that's the world we live in nowadays. i remember back in the day before sales went in the crapper, if you sold too much or had too many #1s, you were a shill & a sellout (like Maroon 5) not an artist. Now, its the only thing that gives you credibility anymore and the other 199 albums on the chart are all flops. 

This generation is so ******* stupid, it hurts.

This is why I ultimately decided to wait to listen to the album (the majority of the album - I did listen to a couple of 30 second snippets to tide me over) until it was officially released, even though I had pre-ordered it. I have an Apple Music subscription and also Spotify on my computer and I wanted all my plays to count. I knew regardless of how much I'd probably love the album, realistically there was no way I'd be listening to it in the second week as much as I would be in the first couple of days- during the initial excitement, when I literally had it on repeat 24/7, checking out all the songs, learning all the lyrics, etc. 

This is why I ultimately decided to wait to listen to the album (the majority of the album - I did listen to a couple of 30 second snippets to tide me over) until it was officially released, even though I had pre-ordered it. I have an Apple Music subscription and also Spotify on my computer and I wanted all my plays to count. I knew regardless of how much I'd probably love the album, realistically there was no way I'd be listening to it in the second week as much as I would be in the first couple of days- during the initial excitement, when I literally had it on repeat 24/7, checking out all the songs, learning all the lyrics, etc. 

3 hours ago, minKey said:

Her stupid *** team must have bought 50k albums at least . What were they thinking ? A number debut ? :yeahsure:

Her team is indeed a big issue. We could have had a No.1 album smoothly this time had they release the album before 26th Aug or on any date after 26th Aug.

With Carpool and VMAs, they must be day dreaming about 500k albums in the first week.

#LarryPleaseRetire

I don't mind her charts position. The most important are content, content is the king. We have an amazing record, the best in years. Also Britney looks the best in years, sometimes I think she looks better than ITZ-ney. If she deliveres great music videos for upcoming singles and some fresh performances that would be it. I think only by those two things Glory era can be memorable and became somehow iconic.

I'm glad some fans are looking only at the silver linings. But do any of you guys think that her management and RCA are happy with the numbers that came out? That it surpassed their expectations for the record? Because truthfully, I think those numbers are more than disappointing for someone of Britney's caliber, but they are also more disappointing considering how great the material is! I'm fully aware of the state of the music industry, but if Janet Jackson can get her album to sell more than Britney's first week with a song that peaked in the top 60 on the hot 100, something clearly needs to change.

Her label/Management need to push hard if Glory is going to have any longevity. I want it to. It deserves to. But the bigger issue is Britney as a pop star, because look at what Janet's label did to her after a series of under-performing records. They stopped giving her those decent promotional budgets for videos, etc...

1 hour ago, Catalin said:

I'm glad some fans are looking only at the silver linings. But do any of you guys think that her management and RCA are happy with the numbers that came out? That it surpassed their expectations for the record? Because truthfully, I think those numbers are more than disappointing for someone of Britney's caliber, but they are also more disappointing considering how great the material is! I'm fully aware of the state of the music industry, but if Janet Jackson can get her album to sell more than Britney's first week with a song that peaked in the top 60 on the hot 100, something clearly needs to change.

Her label/Management need to push hard if Glory is going to have any longevity. I want it to. It deserves to. But the bigger issue is Britney as a pop star, because look at what Janet's label did to her after a series of under-performing records. They stopped giving her those decent promotional budgets for videos, etc...

Well I think a lot of the problem is RCA tbh, they picked a horrible week for both BJ and Glory to be released! They sent Glory out way too early which helped cause the leak and they don't push hard enough in advertising her albums....Glory wasn't in any ads the week of its release and she only had one iTunes banner. People always blame her team for these things but those things are actually up to the label! Also has anyone else noticed that once Jive went under and Britney went to RCA she has struggled chart wise.........I think it's the label! 

If we only count pure sales, Britney Jean >>>> Glory. :decisions:

Now we see Make Me... was a terrible lead single compared to Work *****!

15 hours ago, Nick Jonas said:

With Streisand, Florida Georgia Line and Spears each bowing with at least 100,000 units, it’s the first time that at least three new releases have launched with more than 100,000 since November of 2015.

Typical. :wannadie:

Only Team Britney... They selected the worst week of the year... :juggingu:

15 hours ago, SlayOut said:

According to so many members here, leaks don't affect sales though. I wonder if their opinion has changed or remained the same :queenflopga: 

I don't think it has affected sales that much. But it has had a huge impact on streaming. People don't stream that hard an album they had on repeat one week before the official release...

:crying1:

Archived