WTF Does She Say In Man On The Moon?

BrittonJeanSpears

I hear "Château Marriott. Il m'emmène au lieu du chevalier cet hiver" = "Château Marriott. He takes me to the knight's place this winter".

Note that "au lieu" can mean "the place", but also "instead of". So it could also be "This winter, he takes me instead of the knight". :orangu: 

It could also be "d'hiver" = "Château Marriott. He takes me to the Knight of Winter's place" (the first option is more likely).

And then she counts down in French. :juggingu:

Slé those mad Google Translate skills, Britney. :moorangu:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

All I can make out is "chateau Marriott" which I'm assuming is French (Marriott is a hotel, chateau I think means house?), and "donde tu" which is "where you" in Spanish. :idkney:

Someone posted it and this guy

mrsterlingfox  posted "It's an easter egg from the songwriters. We wrote it at a fairy tale castle in France. Part of it is a countdown in French and the other part is kind of a hidden message. There's a pretty fun story behind our motivation on including it in the song, but that shall remain a secret for now." supposedly he's Sterling Fox (American songwriter, record producer and recording artist) and he wrote Man on The Moon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterling_Fox

Literally translated it's "Il m'ammène au lieu du chevalier cet hiver" as "he brings me to the place of the knight this winter"

someone translated "Château Marriott. Il m'amène au lieu du chevalier cet hivers. Cinq. Quatre. Troué. Doux. Homme." as  "Marriott Castle. He brings me at the place of the knight this winter. Five. Four. Holed. Soft. Man"

Looks like we'll have to wait and see though :yaknow:

2 hours ago, mylonliNESS said:

Someone posted it and this guy

mrsterlingfox  posted "It's an easter egg from the songwriters. We wrote it at a fairy tale castle in France. Part of it is a countdown in French and the other part is kind of a hidden message. There's a pretty fun story behind our motivation on including it in the song, but that shall remain a secret for now." supposedly he's Sterling Fox (American songwriter, record producer and recording artist) and he wrote Man on The Moon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterling_Fox

Literally translated it's "Il m'ammène au lieu du chevalier cet hiver" as "he brings me to the place of the knight this winter"

someone translated "Château Marriott. Il m'amène au lieu du chevalier cet hivers. Cinq. Quatre. Troué. Doux. Homme." as  "Marriott Castle. He brings me at the place of the knight this winter. Five. Four. Holed. Soft. Man"

Looks like we'll have to wait and see though :yaknow:

Holy ****, i wanna know the full story.

Archived