A thread regarding the residency and the future

Guest ukfan

Back in 2013 when I first heard about her Vegas residency I was a little bit upset because I knew I wouldn't be able to see her live for a while living in the UK.  However knowing that this was a great era in her life and knowing I could watch the videos on YouTube I was a bit more optimistic.  As soon as I saw the video of the first show I was slayed,  watching That ball drop to the floor as work ***** thumped in the background,  it was amazing. For me the best opening show for her in my opinion with all the build up ,  the crowd go hysterical!  

Then they revamped it with a new way!  Absolutely iconic and I love the bbma performance start with work ***** and the smoke! 

The womanizer breakdown shows Britney truly dancing to the song better than the other eras 

I absolutely loved the circus era with her funny outbursts,  but tbh she's as iconic with her current stage presence. Circus tour: vancouver and Edmonton outbursts ( need I say anymore!)  and her current crowd interactions: it's ****** dope in here,  I'm high as ****! 

I love her stage presence so much and Vegas shows how Confident she still is! She has made Vegas cool! She has shown that she owns the stage. Even swearing back at a ******** audience member " ****** *******" ICONIC!! 

Ofcorse, I wish we heard more live vocals but her team are responsible for sound.  I watched a video of her speaking to the audience telling them she was going to sing her new song " alien" and before she could even get her mic the song starts playing. Now to me, I think she wanted to sing live,  because she truly appeared proud and then annoyed with a disappointed "oh, well" .  I think sometimes her team think it's EASIER  to just keep the song playing louder in the background .  

She is so confident compared to her femme fatal tour (which was still amazing)  and she keeps getting better!  She even backflips regularly on stage! 

So many celebritys go to her show and there's a reason.  She's inspirational and she's made Vegas cool. Yes Sean and jayden your mum is extremely cool, in fact she's a icon,  a inspiration and a Queen.

She is constantly reinventing her show,  promising new surprises and her team need to release a dvd this time!! ( still mad they didn't release a circus tour dvd)

She has shown tremendous growth since 2013 and I'm so proud of her. She is always improving herself and she will always be my favourite singer,  favourite performer,  and favourite entertainer. 

Do I want her to continue with Vegas after the contract ends??  ABSOLUTELY NOT! 

I want her to leave planet Hollywood with her legendary status and embark on a groundbreaking world tour. With a great new selection of songs ( trip to your heart,  perfect lover, inside out ,  just love me, love me down etc) to perform. A great team of loyal dancers, and a stage presence which is undeniably iconic. 

You are truly loved miss Britney Spears and the world needs to see you again.  Vegas has been an amazing era for you.  I hope we all get to see you in concert after Vegas in your " glorious world tour" 

I speak on behalf of the UK, Europe,  America,  Canada,  Australia, Latin America, Asia,  the whole world when I say,  we love you Britney.  please tour after Vegas.   

:) 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ukfan said:

Back in 2013 when I first heard about her Vegas residency I was a little bit upset because I knew I wouldn't be able to see her live for a while living in the UK.  However knowing that this was a great era in her life and knowing I could watch the videos on YouTube I was a bit more optimistic.  As soon as I saw the video of the first show I was slayed,  watching That ball drop to the floor as work ***** thumped in the background,  it was amazing. For me the best opening show for her in my opinion with all the build up ,  the crowd go hysterical!  

Then they revamped it with a new way!  Absolutely iconic and I love the bbma performance start with work ***** and the smoke! 

The womanizer breakdown shows Britney truly dancing to the song better than the other eras 

I absolutely loved the circus era with her funny outbursts,  but tbh she's as iconic with her current stage presence. Circus tour: vancouver and Edmonton outbursts ( need I say anymore!)  and her current crowd interactions: it's ****** dope in here,  I'm high as ****! 

I love her stage presence so much and Vegas shows how Confident she still is! She has made Vegas cool! She has shown that she owns the stage. Even swearing back at a ******** audience member " ****** *******" ICONIC!! 

Ofcorse, I wish we heard more live vocals but her team are responsible for sound.  I watched a video of her speaking to the audience telling them she was going to sing her new song " alien" and before she could even get her mic the song starts playing. Now to me, I think she wanted to sing live,  because she truly appeared proud and then annoyed with a disappointed "oh, well" .  I think sometimes her team think it's EASIER  to just keep the song playing louder in the background .  

She is so confident compared to her femme fatal tour (which was still amazing)  and she keeps getting better!  She even backflips regularly on stage! 

So many celebritys go to her show and there's a reason.  She's inspirational and she's made Vegas cool. Yes Sean and jayden your mum is extremely cool, in fact she's a icon,  a inspiration and a Queen.

She is constantly reinventing her show,  promising new surprises and her team need to release a dvd this time!! ( still mad they didn't release a circus tour dvd)

She has shown tremendous growth since 2013 and I'm so proud of her. She is always improving herself and she will always be my favourite singer,  favourite performer,  and favourite entertainer. 

Do I want her to continue with Vegas after the contract ends??  ABSOLUTELY NOT! 

I want her to leave planet Hollywood with her legendary status and embark on a groundbreaking world tour. With a great new selection of songs ( trip to your heart,  perfect lover, inside out   just love me, love me down etc) to perform. A great team of loyal dancers, and a stage presence which is undeniably iconic. 

You are truly loved miss Britney Spears and the world needs to see you again.  Vegas has been an amazing era for you.  I hope we all get to see you in concert after Vegas in your " glorious world tour" 

I speak on behalf of the UK, Europe,  America,  Canada,  Australia, Mexico,  Asia,  the whole world when I say,  we love you Britney.  please tour after Vegas.   

:) 

Fixed*

1 minute ago, ukfan said:

Beyonce is someone who should stay at home with her kid for once.  Britney has stayed in the same place for nearly 4 years.  Her kids are absolutely fine. And we all know Britney a fantastic mother.  She deserves to go out on tour for a few months.  Give kfed some responsibility for once.  Britney is 34 she shouldn't have to stay in Vegas.  

Their are singers with kids way younger that are constantly travelling.  Britney deserves this time.  

Britney don't want to leave her kids though. She's content af to be with them 24/7 which is understandable because of what she had to go through to get to a point where she was actually allowed to be a mother to them so I'm fine with how things are. 

12 minutes ago, ukfan said:

Beyonce is someone who should stay at home with her kid for once.  Britney has stayed in the same place for nearly 4 years.  Her kids are absolutely fine. And we all know Britney a fantastic mother.  She deserves to go out on tour for a few months.  Give kfed some responsibility for once.  Britney is 34 she shouldn't have to stay in Vegas.  

Their are singers with kids way younger that are constantly travelling.  Britney deserves this time.  

she doesn't want to right now tho, she prefers the comfort and consistency of the residency. what dont you get? lol

14 hours ago, ukfan said:

Why are you so entitled? Britney can stay in Vegas for the rest of her life if she damn well pleases.

Yes, and Britney went on a world tour in 2009 when her children were still infants and in 2011 when they were toddlers.

So what's your point? :saycheese:

I am personally against an extension.

If they decide to extend from 2018 to 2020, watch the audience dry up and album sales to drop further. Britney really needs to get out there and perform her best again. While Vegas has been good in terms of gaining her confidence, it isn't winning or gaining any new fans. 

I do think it still boils down to her work ethics though. Let's also be honest for just five minutes - I've seen most (if not all) of her Vegas videos and she's still prone to missing some of the choreo or completely forgetting specific movements. Old school Britney might have done that, but old school Britney recovers quickly because she rehearses and puts in the required time to learn.

There are specific instances in Vegas where you can tell that she's looking at her backup dancers for guidance. That isn't the mark of someone who is learning and improving to love her craft again. 

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now

Vegas has been such a positive thing and a therapy for her, but I'm against an extension :beynah: 

4 full years is enough, extending the residency would end her career :beynah:

8 minutes ago, BraveGraphics said:

I'm sure the Vegas residency will end soon, I think she will tour for the next album. *fingers crossed*

I think she'll tour before the next album tbh, Vegas ends in 2017 and I think she'll take a break from it and tour in 2018 in celebration of her 20 year anniversary and I'm sure we'll get some sort of compilation/boxset for it too. The tour could still be billed as like a greatest hits show similar to POM but with more focus on her biggest singles and songs from Glory......they could call it The 20 Years Tour or The 20 Tour. One issue is she needs to give a really awesome televised performance before she decides to tour otherwise ticket sales could be low......she should do the BBMA's again next year and perform like the 3rd/4th Glory singles and if they re-release Glory later next year like I want she could do them again in 2018 right before she tours! 

5 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I think she'll tour before the next album tbh, Vegas ends in 2017 and I think she'll take a break from it and tour in 2018 in celebration of her 20 year anniversary and I'm sure we'll get some sort of compilation/boxset for it too. The tour could still be billed as like a greatest hits show similar to POM but with more focus on her biggest singles and songs from Glory......they could call it The 20 Years Tour or The 20 Tour. One issue is she needs to give a really awesome televised performance before she decides to tour otherwise ticket sales could be low......she should do the BBMA's again next year and perform like the 3rd/4th Glory singles and if they re-release Glory later next year like I want she could do them again in 2018 right before she tours! 

This actually isn't a bad idea, Another flawless GH, here for it.

They better release her Vegas show on Bluray though.

:angietea:

2 minutes ago, BraveGraphics said:

This actually isn't a bad idea, Another flawless GH, here for it.

They better release her Vegas show on Bluray though.

:angietea:

I actually really don't want another GH album, I would MUCH rather they do a compilation of unreleased material from her whole career so far or a boxset of all of her albums......actually what would be even more amazing would be a combo of both like the album boxset could have the unreleased compilation as a bonus disc, but that could also be purchased separately if you don't want the set......kinda like how there was the boxset and non boxset versions of TSC. 

Archived