Britney Spears' 'Glory' Debuts At No. 3 In The U.S.

Jordan Miller

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, bon72789 said:

I honestly think debuting at #3 is not bad at all. She's been in the business for almost two decades, you won't win everytime. She released a killer album, it's really different from what's she's done in the past, that's effort for you right there. In the end of the day numbers are just numbers, it doesn't define the quality of the album. I love Glory!

I think what's so frustrating is that this album deserved to be number 1! After the failure of Britney Jean, she actually gave us a great album with actual promo - it deserved that top spot. The messy promo and scrapped music video in the beginning is what threw everything off. That's what's infuriating.

6 hours ago, broccoli_spears said:

Take out the 12-21 copes a piece US fans purchased and make it 1 copy per fan and that will tell you just how uninterested America is when it comes to Britney now. She's over-the-hill in their eyes. She's a 35 year old woman. That's ancient in the US. It's a ******, ageist country. You can't be in your 30s and be doing pop music as a chick in America and be on top. It's impossible. She needs to take her act to Europe where they're embracing her now. That's what Madonna did before her divorce, before she came back to the US. She needs to drop the Vegas **** and go to the UK. America just doesn't appreciate her. Strike while the iron is hot! Follow the money. 

The sexism/ageism in the U.S. does have a hand in it, but I think the majority of the problem is that from 2009-2014, Britney was boring. She was "Mom-ney". There's nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't translate to being a relevant pop-star. Now, Britney is showing a more ******, confident side, but the ship has already sailed. It's honestly sad, as a fan-base, we are gradually losing her. Her kids are going to be in middle school soon (I think Preston might already be in middle school this year). She's just not going to be comfortable with being a hot, **** pop-star with teenage kids - the GP will literally start calling her a grandmaw. She had kids at a very young age (23 and 24), so she probably already feels really awkward showing that kind of sexuality while having older kids. Plus, she has talked about wanting 3 more kids - she's going to be 35 this year - do the math. Glory could very well be our last real Britney album.

1 hour ago, iZacaree said:

The sexism/ageism in the U.S. does have a hand in it, but I think the majority of the problem is that from 2009-2014, Britney was boring. She was "Mom-ney". There's nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't translate to being a relevant pop-star. Now, Britney is showing a more ******, confident side, but the ship has already sailed. It's honestly sad, as a fan-base, we are gradually losing her. Her kids are going to be in middle school soon (I think Preston might already be in middle school this year). She's just not going to be comfortable with being a hot, **** pop-star with teenage kids - the GP will literally start calling her a grandmaw. She had kids at a very young age (23 and 24), so she probably already feels really awkward showing that kind of sexuality while having older kids. Plus, she has talked about wanting 3 more kids - she's going to be 35 this year - do the math. Glory could very well be our last real Britney album.

I think she mentioned in some radio interview that they are in 4th and 5th grade. 

I wish she didnt feel this way. Look at kfed's hollywood cheap song. I know he doesn't have any attention that Britney gets but he is still being him and not giving a **** if he has kids or not. (not that Britney being concerned is a bad thing tho) 

I think that when they were younger she didnt feel this way so much, I mean, she did womanizer, criminal. But then they got older and she felt embarrassed. It doesn't change anything bc in the end they could see her past works too if that was the case. I don't see any problem which a woman exploiting her own sexuality and being a mom. I was too happy when I saw make me video bc i thought she was starting getting confident with her own skin again. I mean, don't get me wrong, she can change and not be comfortable doing those things anymore, but i feel like the only thing are her kids. 

Beyonka keeps doing ha thing. But maybe the fact that Britney has two songs are the big deal, who knows? 

Kids are embarrassed by their parents no matter what but in the end of the day she has to do what she is comfortable with. If she feels different now, maybe she should change her songs and going on a different direction. I'd love no matter what if it's good. I'd like to see some more raw Britney too, even though I'm being delusional. Imagine if she did more songs like someday, played the piano and even sang live to it? 

On 02/09/2016 at 2:31 AM, JoffBaratheon said:

She's having ha moment tumblr_inline_nvxmroSP7K1t4zxw5_500.gif

I still believe he was talking about Proactive Grannies 

She said on another interview that at first preston didn't like Make Me 

Archived