Britney Spears' 'Glory' Debuts At No. 3 In The U.S.

Jordan Miller

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't blame the VMA's nor Make Me's music video. Country always wins in the US... and Barbara Streisand is a legend. It was a bad choice to release it this week I guess... It's kinda sad given all the promo that she did :crying11: 
Never the less, she gave us a great record and we will cherish that forever, that's more important than a #1 or a #2. :carpoolney:

This is a GREAT number for her. Very happy for her. 

The sales landscape has changed significantly. Go check the numbers for the latest from Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Nelly Furtado, Madonna, Pink, Jennifer Hudson and pretty much all the other artists that's not Adele or Taylor Swift. 

It's disappointing - but the album is still so good and has so much single potential. Coming of Britney Jean this is not shocking. This was a tough week in terms of competition and I feel the promo didn't connect with the GP as much as we needed it to. I know this is unpopular opinion, but Britney will not gain the support of the GP if she continues the blatant lip syncing.

23 minutes ago, PedroJu said:

He's no lying tho. You used to drag Xtina's sales or Anti's sales, but now ''is not about a chart position'' :woopsie:

He's comparing sales of an album released in 2010 with the sales of an album released in 2016, he's not lying, but his assumptions are completely wrong!

Besides that, if he wants compare, let's compare Make Me with Change (Change didn't even enter top 10 on itunes or top 100 on Hot 100) 

Wow... I don't understand why some of you dare to call yourselves fans where all thqt comes out of your mouth is hostility and hate. Unbelievable. 

Now I understand why Britney doesn't like Exhale. You guys are so cruel. TOP 3 IS NOT A BAD DEBUT but that's besides the point. A position in a chart IS NOT A MEASURE OF HER TALENT OR LEGENDARY STATUS. **** guys, when will you stop being so superficial? Britney is HAPPY, she is PROMOTING, she is OPENING UP in all her interviews, she is PERFORMING @ IHEART RADIO and APPLE MUSIC in the UK, not only that but she had the courage and ******* ovaries to sing and perform at the VMAs, the same award show that 9 years ago humilliated her and made her the joke of the entire world. She's with her kids... The loves of her life! Have you forgotten that years ago they wanted her to keep her out of her sons lives?

Why do you reduce Britney to a position in a ******* chart that changes EVERY WEEK? Why do you care so much? Is it because her position on a chart defines her value to you? 

Some of you are pathetic and need to reevaluate your life. You don't deserve half the things Britney does for us. 

Beyonce 500000 first week

Britney <100000

Britney isnt more a artist in USA

There she isnt respect

This is the reality

The album will be flop

The singles will be flop

Anyway the album is great, the best album pop of 2016

And her better album since 2007

I think it's because of the wrong promo plan. I mean it's like she did a lot of promo but did in the worst way possible. Scrapped music video (it's literally like we have a single WITHOUT a music video), jimmy kimmel (repeat of the Rihanna prank so nothing new or interesting for the GP), and finally her long awaited VMAs comeback which ended up being a good performance but again not something interesting for the GP and especially for Britney (or the queen of the VMAs) standards. All in all I feel a little bad for Britney because she gave us an amazing album (definitely my favorite) and it seems like she (or her team) REALLY wanted that #1 spot this time. However I believe that if she doesn't repeat the same mistakes and step it up a little (because she definitely can) she will have better luck with the next album because the queen deserves it 

Archived