Britney survived the late 2000s, the early 2010s and she's trying to survive now musically

Body ache

To put in retrospect Xtina survived the late 2000s (barely) but didn't survive the 2010s and is struggling now. Nelly Furtado survived the 2000s but not the 2010s and definitely not now. Fergie survived the 2000s but is struggling now to get a hit after she released 2 first singles. Katy and Gaga look like they're probably next. Thats kinda crazy. When will Madonna?:reductive:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, makemeslay said:

Madonna? LOL!

Child, Madonna's career effectively ended after she was forced to censor the American Life music video. Even the albums she releases these days sound like a mid-life crisis recorded in cassette tape quality.

but confessions on a dance floor was released after American Life and look.

also, sticky & sweet tour is the highest grossing tour by a female which was in 2008-9. :madonna:

2 minutes ago, whenwillyourfaves said:

but confessions on a dance floor was released after American Life and look.

also, sticky & sweet tour is the highest grossing tour by a female which was in 2008-9. :madonna:

it had 1 hit single that was lifted from ABBA. Every single song released after that is completely forgotten.

As for her tours, Madonna had a nice run. Her legacy in the 2000s/2010s will probably be that she took touring to the next level, stage/performance/revenue wise.

But the same could be said for Cher in the 80s/90s. :madonna: And if you know Madonna, you know that being compared to Cher, especially in old age, is probably her biggest fear.

9 minutes ago, makemeslay said:

Madonna? LOL!

Child, Madonna's career effectively ended after she was forced to censor the American Life music video. Even the albums she releases these days sound like a mid-life crisis recorded in cassette tape quality.

oh please everyone fades out but still Madonna sells out every time she tours. Britney, Beyonce, Madonna, and Janet are at a level where they dont depend on chart numbers like their careers depended on it. 

10 minutes ago, makemeslay said:

it had 1 hit single that was lifted from ABBA. Every single song released after that is completely forgotten.

As for her tours, Madonna had a nice run. Her legacy in the 2000s/2010s will probably be that she took touring to the next level, stage/performance/revenue wise.

But the same could be said for Cher in the 80s/90s. :madonna: And if you know Madonna, you know that being compared to Cher, especially in old age, is probably her biggest fear.

4 minutes is prob her last known hit in the US.

Britney is  -sorta- on top of her game again, but homegirl better not rest on her ************* laurels! :lessons:

Madonna is like the worst name you could've picked for this tho :blaughing: She's been working in the industry way before Britney and will probably continue to do so in the future (unless she dies at some point if that's ever happening lol), trying new things out and reinventing herself whilst keeping herself relevant. And for the record I don't even like Madge

1 hour ago, whenwillyourfaves said:

4 minutes is prob her last known hit in the US.

I always have that song in my head lol it's funny it applies to so many situations I was looking at a dragonfly today and it came into my head because dragonfly's only live for 10 minutes (supposedly) :orangu:

Archived