Apple Music Gets Dissed by Britney Spears. Spotify Says Thank You...

TheGloryBritney

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

:embarrassney: Great, now Apple hates her. There goes any iTunes banners in the future.

But I'm living for this streaming drama. As long as she stays away from Tidal. :myjam: 

Hmmmm that's not how it works, an artist/record label needs to PURCHASE an iTunes banner if they want one. They can also purchase to be featured straight on the first page of Hot Music, New Releases, etc...
I just hope Apple doesn't cancel her show, they could do it if they wanted to but I guess they won't, it was announced 2 days before the album release. I'm pretty sure all this Apple Music x Spotify happened the week Frank Ocean dropped his album.

11 hours ago, Orlando. said:

I think it basically said Britney had an exclusive deal with Apple Music at first, like Glory would be exclusive on Apple Music for a week or something, that's why they even made an ad with Kevin Bacon to promote her and her new music, but after the Frank Ocean exclusive on Apple Music thing, the scene started getting ugly, Spotify was going to retaliate all the Apple exclusive artists, including Britney. So her team and label got scared and broke the Apple exclusive deal and made Glory all platforms available. Spotify wanted to show that they were happy about them backing out of Apple Music, so they started promoting Britney as well. So Britney and her label end up getting double promotion from both Apple and Spotify?

That's how I comprehended the article.

Dramatic-Clapping-Crying-Meme-Face-Of-Ci

11 hours ago, Miss Cootie said:

lmfao i dont understand anything

Frank Ocean just tricked the Universal Label into releasing a visual album, "Boys Don't Cry" that was basically noise, to complete his contract. After he was released, he dropped his real album "Blonde" less than 24 hours later. Universal is now having a meltdown and banning all their subsidiary companies from agreeing to any Apple Music exclusives.

Spotify has been retaliating against the exclusives since Apple Music by punishing artists with less visibility and keeping them off popular playlists and giving them less banners, etc.

Nobody cares about Tidal.

So now Britney is the unexpected winner of Spotify vs. Apple vs. Universal because (this article is saying) she was about to go through with an Apple Music exclusive, which explains the Glory tweet and the Apple commercial with Kevin Bacon, but because of Universal Music Group's ban on Apple exclusives it didn't go through and Glory released on all music services. To thank her for not going through with the Apple deal, Spotify is rewarding Britney by putting Make Me on lots of hot playlists.

i'm not sure if this article is for real or just exaggerating, but what a ******* amazing turn of events that coincidentally worked out in Britney's favor for once. :bow: 

51 minutes ago, CollidewithME said:

That explains why there were so many random Glory songs in this past Weekend Spotify Party Playlists. Britney even had her own Main Paged Party Playlist, I was soo happy to see it and now I know its Spotify showing thanks to Brit for not slithering to apple like Snakelor

Oh and earlier (I think it's gone now) there was a Playlist on Spotify Main page called "It's Britney" where they had her songs from all her albums (including Glory) I was like :gobaby: you get em Brit Brit

12 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

:embarrassney: Great, now Apple hates her. There goes any iTunes banners in the future.

But I'm living for this streaming drama. As long as she stays away from Tidal. :myjam: 

LMAO Apple is dead. It's buried in the basement next to Steve Jobs rotting corpse and ENRON's shares portfolio.

let them try to get all the album exclusives they can. It's still not going to save the Worst Performing Stock On The Dow-Jones from collapsing in on itself.

30 minutes ago, makemeslay said:

LMAO Apple is dead. It's buried in the basement next to Steve Jobs rotting corpse and ENRON's shares portfolio.

let them try to get all the album exclusives they can. It's still not going to save the Worst Performing Stock On The Dow-Jones from collapsing in on itself.

Im happy the US Fed and Europe are going after Apple for not paying their fair share in Taxes, I still cant with Apple's greedy *** banking through the Irish banking system to avoid high tax rates, well now they gotta pay up 

Is Apple Music a viable streaming platform? I tried it but cancelled before my trial ended. I just think Spotify is so much better, aside from not having certain artists.

I am wondering who has more streaming prowess? Who is more relevant? Spotify or Apple Music? 

If I were Brit I would want my music to be available to the widest audience.

25 minutes ago, justphil said:

Is Apple Music a viable streaming platform? I tried it but cancelled before my trial ended. I just think Spotify is so much better, aside from not having certain artists.

I am wondering who has more streaming prowess? Who is more relevant? Spotify or Apple Music? 

If I were Brit I would want my music to be available to the widest audience.

Spotify is 3-4x times as big and doesn't want any artist exclusives and Apple does. That's what the whole fuzz is about. For Apple exclusives is a way to seduce customers to their, otherwise inferior, streaming platform. Spotify says that damages the industry (artists) and customers.

Britney's record label, RCA, last minute pulled out of such an exclusive agreement.

That's an executive call though, not of Britney's management ;-)

14 hours ago, DirtyMind said:

It seems like Britney had an exclusivity deal with Apple Music, but pulled out because she was annoyed that they were doing an exclusive with Frank Ocean at the same time and because she didn't want to lose streams from Spotify.  That's what I'm getting out of it.

I think what they're actually saying is that apple screwed her over once frank pond released his album, they stopped promoting her and started promoting him which pissed her off so she left and went to spotify instead, which is genius if u ask me tbh :mhm: 

49 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

I think what they're actually saying is that apple screwed her over once frank pond released his album, they stopped promoting her and started promoting him which pissed her off so she left and went to spotify instead, which is genius if u ask me tbh :mhm: 

No its because Frank Ocean tricked Universal Music Group into letting him go and then used the Apple exclusive deal to self-release the real album so that all the money would go to him.

Now Universal is scared that if Frank continues to release music while un-signed, major artists will start seeing labels as obsolete and release on their own. So Universal issued a ban on Apple exclusives and RCA has no choice but to obey since UMG is their parent company.

Archived