Justin Timberlake "Totally Down" To Collab With Britney

Slave4yew

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am totally against Justin Timberlake. I hate his guts.

That said though, if they both reconcile and become friends, that's fine. I think if Britney is mature enough to get over it, as a fan, I should too. If Britney and Justin do collab, it would be great since I think they have the same tastes in music.

I remember in 2001/2002 they were both experimenting with a more urban sound. The Britney album hinted on that direction before settling for a more pop-rock vibe overall, but the remixes (Boys and Overprotected) clearly showed that she wanted a more urban direction versus the pop-rock trajectory that the Britney album ended up pursuing.

Of course Britney did it first with Slave 4 U and Justin's solo career didn't really flourish until 2003 (post-breakup). In The Zone is Britney's first full-on urban album, followed by Blackout. I know a lot of people hate "Britney Jean" but after Circus and Femme Fatale, "Britney Jean" is the most urban album that Britney released since Blackout.

Glory for me is the more transitional album. It combined pop+urban+midtempo so it's kind of where pop music is directed now. If Britney and Justin will do a collab, hopefully it will be on the pop-urban side. God knows Michael and Madonna never collaborated, so the Britney+Justin collaboration might end up to be the pop royalty collaboration that needs to happen. Of course, JT isn't the Prince of Pop or anything, but Britney is royalty enough to compensate for Justin's lack of title.

I want Britney to stay away from Justin. Because her letting toxic people into her life (when she was in a fragile mental state) hurt her during her dark era. I just don't think it's a good idea for her to let someone back in (Justin) that is so shady, and possibly toxic. Perhaps she's too nice. Perhaps she's in a lot better mental state, and is smart enough to want him for publicity.

I don't know, I hope she uses her instincts.

1 hour ago, brit4u1998 said:

I want Britney to stay away from Justin. Because her letting toxic people into her life (when she was in a fragile mental state) hurt her during her dark era. I just don't think it's a good idea for her to let someone back in (Justin) that is so shady, and possibly toxic. Perhaps she's too nice. Perhaps she's in a lot better mental state, and is smart enough to want him for publicity.

I don't know, I hope she uses her instincts.

:angietea:

Archived