New Interview; Britney talks about VMAs, Super Bowl, and possibly touring again

Anti-Hero

She was asked about the Super Bowl again! :gaspney:

http://radio.com/2016/08/29/britney-spears-talks-glory-her-vma-performance-and-vegas/

Less than a day after her return to the MTV VMAs (August 28), Britney Spears was holding court in a Manhattan office building, ready to discuss her new album, Glory, which came out Friday (August 26). In a brief conversation with Radio.com, she also talked about her Vegas show, her recent appearance on “Carpool Karaoke” on The Late Late Show with James Corden, and who’s she’d want to play the Super Bowl Half Time show with.

~

Why did you decide to call the album Glory?

I decided to call the album Glory because my son was with me through a lot of the process of recording, and he saw me coming home every night and he’d play the songs, and it was his idea. He just randomly came up with it. It was kind of cool.

You’ve said that this album is the beginning of a new era for you. Any artist could say that about any album; what did you mean by that?

It’s been a really long time since I’ve done a new project, it’s been like a few years, it feels like a new era for me. I believe in change, and we’re already changing the format of the [Vegas] show. It’s a fun process, and it’s a whole creative thing and it’s a great body of work. It’s really cool.

How did you decide on “Make Me” as the first single? Also, tell me about working with G-Eazy.

I worked with really great writers. My A&R girl, Karen, hooked me up with this amazing group of writers, and they wrote “Make Me” for me, and she’s the one who actually came up with the idea of G-Eazy. I’d heard his record and I thought, “This is really dope.”

The song “Private Show” focuses on your singing.

I really wanted to do stuff to showcase my voice a little bit more than normal and push the envelope a bit.

There’s a part in “Clumsy” where you say “oops!” Is that the first time you’ve said “Oops” since “Oops!… I Did it Again”?

Yes, it is.

Your new songs have done really well on YouTube and Spotify, but how do you feel about the way the album has been received so far?

I’m really happy with it, I couldn’t be happier, honestly.

Last night you played MTV’s VMAs for the first time in a long time. How did it feel?

It was fun, it was a lot of fun, I wasn’t as nervous as I thought I’d be. We’d had rehearsals all week, and G was really great to work with. It was a really fun experience to be back.

Talk about doing “Carpool Karaoke,” on The Late, Late Show with James Corden; it was a lot of fun to watch.

He was really, really sweet. I was not expecting him to be that funny and charming and… it was awkward at times, because there were so many cameras, but it was fun! It was different.

Do you have fun showing off the humorous side of yourself, that maybe people don’t get to see?

I don’t find it “humorous,” I just find it… me (laughs).

If you were to perform at the Super Bowl Halftime show again, who would you want to be your guests?

Oh my goodness! I like Aerosmith. I think Steven Tyler’s a rock legend and he just means so much to me.

You recently received the Millennium Award from Billboard. How hard it is to stay competitive on the pop charts when you’re seen as an icon? 

Well, you know, the younger generation coming up definitely keeps you on edge. You can’t even compete with them because they’re on another level. But it’s inspiring, it’s really, really inspiring because young generations keep things fresh. Like, even my kids bring stuff to the table and it’s like, “Wow, that’s really cool!” It’s important to relate to them and to know what’s going on out there.

Were there records that you heard, and you decided, “I want to work with this person”? 

Oh definitely. I just said, “OK, I’m going to dare to suck, but I’m going to do this way on the DL, nobody knows about it, and let’s just experiment.”

Finally, will be you be able to fit in tour dates around the Vegas show? 

Possibly in the future, I would like to maybe do a tour, it would be fun.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

200 'fun' words :selenerz:

You’ve said that this album is the beginning of a new era for you. Any artist could say that about any album; what did you mean by that?

It’s been a really long time since I’ve done a new project, it’s been like a few years, it feels like a new era for me. I believe in change, and we’re already changing the format of the [Vegas] show. It’s a fun process, and it’s a whole creative thing and it’s a great body of work. It’s really cool.

sorry girl but what did you change except vegas costumes :quirkney:

Archived