e!online: why mtv made britney perform right after beyoncé!

justkeepdoingit

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Slave4yew said:

I don't even get what they're trying to say. It made no sense. 

Basically MTV was scared shitless Britney would bomb again so they slotted her in after Beyonce so any hate would be absorbed up and distracted by how well Beyonce did.

But they weren't expecting Britney to actually do a decent job with a simple performance, yet now after Beyonce's 30 hour oddysey, it looks lackluster.

In conclusion, MTV ****** Britney over again.

MTV ****** Britney? Yeah. But more ****** this time Her Team. It's was a good idea a Stripped performance without Live Singing NEVER IN THE LIFE. 

She needed a Killer Production, and a Killer Choreography. It's a shame that Britney the queen of that show all the headlines of today are why she performance after Beyonce. 

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Basically MTV was scared shitless Britney would bomb again so they slotted her in after Beyonce so any hate would be absorbed up and distracted by how well Beyonce did.

But they weren't expecting Britney to actually do a decent job with a simple performance, yet now after Beyonce's 30 hour oddysey, it looks lackluster.

Then they should have made her open. It doesn't make sense. She needs to leave MTV in the past. The VMAs aren't what the used to be and this year had to be the worst. They gave no awards and the performances were all over the place. The whole thing was a mess. 

These VMAs were a mess except for Britney :ugh:

I mean instead of honoring Rihanna they had her performing every two minutes which made it seem like the intermission act or something like that, and then they gave 5 hours to the clown so she could endlessly bounce around the stage while having psychotic attacks and several seizures :ehidk:

It was a huge mess :decisions:

Just now, Slave4yew said:

Then they should have made her open. It doesn't make sense. She needs to leave MTV in the past. The VMAs aren't what the used to be and this year had to be the worst. They gave no awards and the performances were all over the place. The whole thing was a mess. 

I don't get the concept of having Riherpes 4 times in one night.

Britney opens

Beyonce in the middle

Rihject closes with a full medley

Wouldn't that have been so much easier?!

Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

I don't get the concept of having Riherpes 4 times in one night.

Britney opens

Beyonce in the middle

Rihject closes with a full medley

Wouldn't that have been so much easier?!

Exactly! 

I'd be pressed if I was a Rih stan. She could've slayed with one whole medley but she got overshadowed by Bey. Felt like she was getting the award instead. 

Oh well. Let's hope iHeart is 10x better

1 minute ago, Slave4yew said:

Exactly! 

I'd be pressed if I was a Rih stan. She could've slayed with one whole medley but she got overshadowed by Bey. Felt like she was getting the award instead. 

We have iHR and Apple to look forward too still. I'm happy that Britney is actually promoting her work this era.

11 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

They should've let her open, I mean did they see the BBMA's? 

6 minutes ago, Jite91 said:

I mean instead of honoring Rihanna they had her performing every two minutes which made it seem like the intermission act or something like that, and then they gave 5 hours to the clown so she could endlessly bounce around the stage while having psychotic attacks and several seizures :ehidk:

LMAO this is perfect! 

MTV ****** Britney and used her for the ratings. 

But I get what they're saying about Beyonce's performance not being on anyone's radar, so the anticipation is clearly building up for Britney coming into the award show. What is disappointing is that Britney's performance isn't half as long. Beyonce literally sucked all the energy in the room.

It was pointless. Every time a female artist is up for a Vanguard award, she does something obnoxious to upstage the recipient. It wasn't enough that she bought and paid for 7 awards. She had to buy airtime. Rihanna's people must be more pressed with this obnoxious stunt.

I don't see her pulling that stunt when JT was the recipient. We just need to wait though. The media will turn against her pretty soon. It's turning against Taylor Swift now. Beyonce will have her turn.

11 minutes ago, Jite91 said:

This. Like I get why she's mad having to wake up to this everyday, but why take it out on that poor camera. :idkney: Jay_z_ugly_face-show_business.jpg

15 minutes ago, Slave4yew said:

Exactly! 

Same like, wtf. I think MTV really ****** with Britney and Riri that night, that was so disrepectful to Rihanna imo. And "strangely" enough, Beyonka performs when another pop girl gets the Vanguard Award :quirkney: And someone who actually has hit singles :quirkney:

I don't understand why people compare a 15 minute high budget multi-song performance to a simple production 1.5 song performance in the first place! But I agree that Brit should have opened, and Rihanna's split performances made it look a mess. And the fact that Beyonka had that calibre of a performance commissioned, totally made it look like MTV favoured her over EVERYONE! I mean she wasn't even announced, just to play on the whole surprise element bullshit! :quirkney: 

25 minutes ago, Jite91 said:

Clown. Psychotic attack. Several seizures. I can't even. Ha ha. This made my day. Thanks hunny :rihclap:

Archived