This tumblr post explains a lot imo....and I love it (VMA performance)

Shadow.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods

In the midst of everyone's meltdowns last night, I expressed a similar thought you also had on your Tumblr:

Spoiler

"As for my own thoughts about the performance, when I heard the first note/chord of Make Me, I started bawling my eyes out. I'm so proud she took the stage tonight and looked confident and vibrant doing so. Someone brought up how Britney didn't begin with tons of backup dancers, flashy choreo or props. It was just herself, and while that suggests vulnerability (since Britney does utilize props and have backup dancers), she also commanded a lot of power and was in control. I was pleasantly surprised when she started singing Me Myself and I too! 

I was momentarily upset by not seeing some big/flashy thing that "insiders" and people were predicting. But all that went away FAST by realizing the context in which she's performing at the show with. How she finally triumphantly performed on the VMA stage after everyone said her career, her reputation, her wellbeing was over in 2007. And as a Britney fan, I find a lot of iconicness in her being able to take that stage tonight. No prop or gimmick or act could replace or do that.

Thread here! :queenflopga:

I'm very proud of Britney despite the negatives that people love bringing up. I'm always proud to be a Britney fan, but I was especially proud last night. :tifftear:

39 minutes ago, LanaBrit said:

so 8th grade step by step dance , cheap and basic floor choreography and me myself & i song was her idea? uhm, tragic :quirkney: 

I wanna see your ideas for a choreography, come up with one, record yourself and upload it to Youtube for us to enjoy sis :shameless:

You're talking like you can do better than her, lets see it. If you can't then shut the f.uck up :arianabye:

I do agree with the post however and I'm super proud of her. She conquered her fear of the vans stage.

However, speaking objectively, without any gimmicks there shouldn't be any reason to lip synch. Like i think people were able to excuse slave because hey she was dancing around with a snake.

but whatever, she's slowly getting her confidence back. Babysteps.

6 minutes ago, nwonder said:

I do agree with the post however and I'm super proud of her. She conquered her fear of the vans stage.

However, speaking objectively, without any gimmicks there shouldn't be any reason to lip synch. Like i think people were able to excuse slave because hey she was dancing around with a snake.

but whatever, she's slowly getting her confidence back. Babysteps.

She should've sang Me, Myself and I live bc she wasn't doing any choreo there is no excuse. But I get why she lipped in the beginning :mhm: She could've at least pre-recorded the vocals tho :eeek:

18 minutes ago, Miss Cootie said:

" This is Britney saying “I don’t need gimmicks to entertain, no snake, no kiss, just me.” "

Fine sure but it didnt exactly entertain the GP that is the problem..

Also production value =/= gimmick 

tumblr_inline_mr7do4xby81qz4rgp.gif

It would have been nice with DYWCO or an energetic song with some chroeo, not mid tempo MM.

U just cant do both at the same time, stripped and a mid tempo song.

I was entertained so her performance did the job for me :angietea:

1 hour ago, LanaBrit said:

i'm not flop and ***** as put a body to profil picture :saycheese:

wow... are u wasting your time talking **** about someone? how pathetic is that :gloria:, poor you :shadelaugh:

Yes. I think she is tired to be remembered for her Slave/Madonna kiss performances, and even she is tired that everyone in every interview asks her about the same. She said once that it was very difficult to overshadow her oldself, and she is conscious of that. What this tumblr post says is logical, but.. I think that this idea of simplicity was not well-executed. Otherwise I like the performance. 

Archived