Is this the peak of Britney's Career?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney hasn't peaked especially if Floptina hasn't lol.

Music sales seems to be the only decline since she started, but that's the case for 99.9% of artists now days.

In terms of popularity Britney still sells concert tickets, is one of the most followed on Twitter, a top paid entertainer. Britney is very much relevant and is only 34 let's see what happens in the next 10 years.

Peak had to be Oops... Simply look at first week sales of her albums.

Britney is still doing well and creating great music and still relevant but just being honest. 

Strongest to weakest periods:

1. 1998-2000 (Baby, Oops) 

2. 2003-2004 (In The Zone. Great music but canceled tour and the train wreck of marriage and divorce and Kevin Federline) 

3. 2008-2012 (Circus, 3 single, Femme Fatale, Scream and Shout single. String of commercially successful singles. #1 singles Womanizer, 3, HIAM. Top 10 singles Circus, TTWE, I wanna go) 

4. 2001 (Britney. Epic VMA performance but the entire album underwhelmed in the singles chart. People forget that Slave peaked at #27)

5, 2005-2007 (Greatest Hits and Blackout)

6. 2002 (break between Britney and ITZ. Crossroads film and Timberlake relationship.

7. 2013-2015 (Britney Jean and Pretty Girls. Other then Vegas a dreadful part of her career commercially) 

Glory era cannot be determined until after it is complete

12 minutes ago, Sexy4u95 said:

Peak had to be Oops... Simply look at first week sales of her albums.

Britney is still doing well and creating great music and still relevant but just being honest. 

Strongest to weakest periods:

1. 1998-2000 (Baby, Oops) 

2. 2003-2004 (In The Zone. Great music but canceled tour and the train wreck of marriage and divorce and Kevin Federline) 

3. 2008-2012 (Circus, 3 single, Femme Fatale, Scream and Shout single. String of commercially successful singles. #1 singles Womanizer, 3, HIAM. Top 10 singles Circus, TTWE, I wanna go) 

4. 2001 (Britney. Epic VMA performance but the entire album underwhelmed in the singles chart. People forget that Slave peaked at #27)

5, 2005-2007 (Greatest Hits and Blackout)

6. 2002 (break between Britney and ITZ. Crossroads film and Timberlake relationship.

7. 2013-2015 (Britney Jean and Pretty Girls. Other then Vegas a dreadful part of her career commercially) 

Glory era cannot be determined until after it is complete

I would put 2013-2015 above 2005-2007. Maybe albums/single-wise wasn't as successful, but she's been able to keep the residency for 3 years, and performance-wise she's improved a lot, I mean, at least she's performing unlike 2002, or 2005-2007. Actually, I wouldn't even separate 2002 from the 2001 period.

Archived