Britney Spears' New Album 'Glory' Is Officially Out!

Jordan Miller

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, SlayOut said:

Same here sis! And I'm torn!

I'm really torn too... I just asked for a link but I'm not sure I want to listen to it just yet, since the release is literally around the corner. But at the same time, everyone is talking about Glory, I don't know how much longer I can wait! Besides, today is my day off! :bpout:

• Invitation:
    It's funny that it took me a few listens to actually pay attention to this track. I kept forgetting it by track 5. I think it's great as an opener, it doesn't give you the strongest track when the album is just starting, but it kinda starts building the mood, and you know it'll get better as the album progresses. It's not as catchy, and I really don't see the single potential on it, but it's still very beautiful. Well, ironically, despite its name, I think it could work as a final single from the era if any.

• Make Me... (Oooh):
    It's really hard to review it after a month of listening to it every day. I'm already used to it. I've always said it's a combination of Inside Out, Hold on Tight, Chillin' With You, Don't Hang Up and Outta This World. The pre-chorus I think is one of the highlights. The chorus sounded weird in the beginning, in the sense that it lacks, words... But it works I guess. G-Eazy inclusion wasn't as bad as I was expecting, if any, it was just too long, but it doesn't ruin the song. My only complain, as with basically all the tracks here, I think it doesn't leave you satisfied. They should've repeated the chorus one more time at the end. An excellent track, but I don't think it was the right lead single, probably as a second single would've been better.

• Private Show:
    I laughed so much the first time I heard the preview, the "werk it, werk it, boy watch me werk it" part got me got me like :hahaha: It sounded so weird, so bad, that it was good, and now I'm used to it, and I think it's actually one of the best parts of the song. As a promotional single, I thought it was good. I wouldn't mind if it becomes a real single in the future though, but after listening to the whole, it's definitely one of the weakest tracks. But I will always remember it as the track where Britney sounded alive for the first time in years.

• Man on the Moon:
    Ok, since we learned about the title, I could imagine this track was gonna be especial, and I wasn't wrong. From the first syllable, I had goosebumps all over my body, and with every word the feeling was stronger. It sounds so magical and delicious, I can't believe it's real. I literally cried, and my nose ran. The verses are heavenly, and the chorus :crying1: that "mooooooo oooooon". "I can't compete with the stars in the sky, I'm invisible" Britney, you're my brightest morning star what you talking about? :crying2: The lyrics are beautiful, I really want this as a future single. The world needs to know this song. Once more, this is one of the songs that needed the most that repeated chorus at the end.

• Just Luv Me:
    This is the most Selena-ish tracks. That 35 snippet, I only listened to it twice, and it sounded really good. I never imagined that was it, that was literally just the "strongest" part of the song. It was the chorus! go figure. It is a nice song, but for me it's nothing more than another album track. There's nothing that evokes me a especial emotion or feeling. It never explodes, it stays the same the whole song, there's no climax, not even from the verses to the chorus. It is not as good as I would've expected, after we thought this was gonna be the lead single a few months ago.

• Clumsy:
    The weirdest track of them all. It really have that church-y vibe we discussed in that thread the other day lol I think the biggest problem with it is the lack of a proper chorus. The musical breakdown is the real chorus, in the same fashion of Work *****. The again and again and again part is still weird til this day, but the Oops reference is appreciated :mhm: Overall, it has me like :bop: but I don't see it as a single, nor performed, or in any other kind of media or promo.

• Do You Wanna Come Over?:
    THE VERSES!!! Her vocals sound taken from 2001-2003. The melody of the verses, I can't get tired of saying how good it sounds. The first time I listened to the chorus I was like, ok, this is it, you ruined it. But after a thousand listens, it finally grew on me. The can popping sound throughout the song is a nice and original surprise. It needs to become the next single, and it needs to be performed at the VMA's, but I doubt it'll happen. It still needs to be a single even if there's no VMA's. It proved my point of it doesn't necessarily has to be EDM to be a great up-tempo song, even if it has some electronic things, it sounds so much more organic than any other of her past jams.

• Slumber Party:
    Not a huge fan of it, but I do think it's great. It has the most R&B-ish vibe, and that reggae-ish influence too. It reminds me of the 90's songs, kinda like Ace of Base, or nowadays' Magic!. It also reminds me of Maná (for the Spanish speakers). I hate the Blackout effect it has in the bridge, with that distorted voice, but somehow it doesn't sound as bad.

• Just Like Me:
    It starts and reminds of that unreleased track, To Love Let Go? I really don't remember which one, because is one of my least favorite unreleased tracks lol, but this song just took it and made it a thousand times better. Again, she sounds like 2003ney or something. The "I just can't believeeee" part is so good. Lyrically, I keep thinking of it as a prequel of She'll Never Be Me (#justice4SNBM). The bridge sounds like chicken :hype: but is catchy. I really, really, really love this track, but I don't see it as a single. Again, it never builds up, is just the same feeling from beginning to end, but still is better than Just Luv Me.

• Love Me Down:
    I guess this was the hip-hop-ish track she was talking about. But more than hip-hop sounds like something Rihanna would release or those unknown singers of nowadays, á la Charli XCX. It sounds kinda Sia-ish too. I giggled when it came to the 2:10 mark, and basically Pretty Girls started playing lol Is this the kind of "urban" tracks ya'll always ask for? I think it's ok to have just one track like this. It's catchy, but I wouldn't like it as a single, but I see it could have the potential.

• Hard to Forget Ya:
    Candy by Mandy Moore meets I Want You by Savage Garden. :unreal: It is the most 2000's-ish of the tracks. Again it has that magical, dreamy sound, as some of the previous tracks. I just think it's too quiet. It doesn't explode at the chorus as I would've loved. It is good, and I like it, I just think it lacks of a shape or direction. It feels all over the place, almost improvised, kinda like Private Show, but better.

• What You Need:
    The most unexpected track. It is the most energetic, and she plays with her voice like she's never done before in her entire discography. Yeah, it's very lackluster in terms of melody or lyrics, but she sounds so good, I think it gets its job done. She can sing. The whole song sounds as a huge intro, that keeps teasing you and teasing you, but the song never starts, and when you realize it's over. It is good.

• Better:
    :sobbing: Sia meets Lean On. Very danceable even if it's not properly up-tempo. Again, it relies on the musical breakdown instead of a true chorus, but it is very well done in this one, unlike Clumsy. The verses are really good, and overall it shows more shape than other tracks. I'd love to see it as a single, and it hurts that it's not part of the standard tracklist. Her vocals taken from 2001. It is very, very good.

• Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortés):
    I've said it several times today, I did expect her Spanish being this cringy, but it's ok, it's cute. The super cliché latin sound, kinda kills the mood for me :P it almost sounds like Lady Gaga's Americano or Alejandro, but they did a good job with it. Her vocals sounds sooo classic Britney in this track in particular. But let's make it clear, she's not that woman in the spoken bridge right? Good song, I just don't even think of it as a single. I don't think the world needs to know about this song.

• Liar:
    This is the song that reminds me of the Mexican pop band, OV7, but I can't remember which song. It's like OV7 meets Pink and Jessica Simpson. The chorus, I know I've heard something like that before, probably that Coldplay ft. Rihanna song? The whole song makes me feel like I've heard those melodies before but I can't successfully point out the tracks. Not the most amazing song on the album, but I do think it deserved to be on the standard tracklist. Now this is a song I wouldn't mind if it becomes a single, but it's not my favorite option.

• If I'm Dancing:
    Reminds me of Ellie Goulding, but the music is so good. It's like an evolved version of Don't Hang Up or I don't know. It sounds kinda of military-ish too. The chorus is delicious. I really could see this as a single, but at the same time I understand why it's a bonus track. This, as opposed to other tracks that lack a proper chorus, is almost just a huge big chorus the whole song.

• Coupure Électrique:
    I don't speak French (but I can if you like) and I suppose it must be a similar case as with the Spanish. But her vocals, whether she's pronouncing it right or not, sound so good. It's like she's saying some kind of spell. Very short and cute, I think it closes the album properly, and it makes a good transition to the first track if you have it on replay. There's not too much to say about it.

Overall the album is very artistic, very artsy-fartsy indeed. She experimented a lot with her vocals, it feels like she had fun recording this, and her voice sounds literally like 2001ney or ITZney. I've never been a fan of the Original Doll thing, I've never liked those unreleased tracks very much, but I kinda get the feeling like Glory is kinda of what that album should've been, but adapted to 2016. The Latin influences, like early 2000's, the sexiness, her attitude, I don't know, everything screams to an ITZ follow up. It would be a shame if she doesn't release more than 3 singles from this album, because it really deserves it, even though I can't properly point out which tracks should be the singles, because they could try any direction with them. The thing is that they're very similar in vibe, unlike BJ tracks (which is why I always thought BJ had the most potential singles, depending on the direction they wanted to take, but that's another story).

Now I'll rank the songs from my favorite to least, but I'm sure this will change as time goes by, except for the first two.

1. Man on the Moon
  2. Do You Wanna Come Over?
  3. Better
  4. Make Me...
  5. If I'm Dancing
  6. Just Like Me
  7. Hard to Forget Ya
  8. Liar
  9. Invitation
  10. What You Need
  11. Coupure Électrique
  12. Slumber Party
  13. Love Me Down
  14. Private Show
  15. Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortés)
  16. Clumsy
  17. Just Luv Me

this is copied/pasted from my tumblr. so it may be long

INVITATION - 7/10. would have been a 10/10 if there wasn’t so much vocal manipulation. i still like it tho, perfect opener. 

MAKE ME - 9/10. incredible lead single. her best since gimme more. classic britney vocals, **** and invigorating. 

PRIVATE SHOW - 9/10. love it since i first heard it. i have a soft spot for chipmunkney. put on a prrrrriiiVATE show sistrens!! werk it werk it boi watch me werk it, slide down mah pole watch me spin it and twerk it~

MAN ON THE MOON - 9/10. her vocals are killing meeeeee. incredible. THE ***** SPEAKING FRENCH?!

JUST LUV ME - 10/10 the first two seconds have my weave floating around the room! she.did.that! one word: heaven :crying2:

CLUMSY - 7/10. a bop. one of the weaker songs on the album, but still incredible!

DO YOU WANNA COME OVER? - 9/10. a ******* boppppppp. love!!!!! the soda can opening.. soda popney. 

SLUMBER PARTY - 10/10. w h a t the **** is this beauty of a song?! blown the **** away, go crazy doeeeeeeeeee. go ******* crazy. fave thus far. :werk:

JUST LIKE ME - 10/10. a guitar?! my alternative queen! her vocals have stopped my heart. she’ll never be me 2.0? :gaspney:

LOVE ME DOWN - 9/10. catchy! a party bop. fun. round and round we go sis. i can see myself passed out in a gutter somewhere after getting turnt whilst listening to this. 

HARD TO FORGET YA - 7/10. why does this remind me of the spice girls? omg giving me late 90′s early 00′s party banger vibes! catchy as ****.

WHAT YOU NEED - 9/10 the beginning! her voice?! what the ****?! hello 1998 teenager britney!!!!!!!!!!!! may come across as slightly chipmunky, but I LIVE FOR IT. BRITNEY JEAN YOU DID NOT HAVE TO DO THIS TO ME. IM DYING!!!

BETTER - 7/10 *insert beyonce clicking her fingers and bopping with 3D glasses on gif* reminds me of a major lazer song. :bop:

CHANGE YOUR MIND - 10/10 take me to mexico queen!!!! this song has me wanting to run away with my latino lover i don’t have. i wish it was longer. one of my faves :wendycry:

LIAR - 9/10. ooh i am not ready. QUEEEN!!!! queen has taken me to the moon, mexico and now the wild west circa 1900′s. getting my absolute life from this song. my skin is clear, i am 20kgs skinnier and i have graduated with a phd thanks to this song. 

IF I’M DANCING - 8/10. cute song. i like the beat and her vocals. britishney making her PROPER debut. 

COUPURE ELECTRIQUE - 8/10. omg. so ****. i was so ready for this song. paying homage to the new testament aka blackout. a perfect outro for the greatest album britney has put out since in the zone. 

overall, go ******* buy the album. pre-order it. this is classic britney. this is britney with passion. this is britney loving what she is doing. this is raw, fun, loveable britney. this is better than blackout sistrens. get ******* ready for your ******* WEAVE to be non-existent. get used to being bald is all i have to say.

britney jean spears; this is why i’ve loved you for 18 years. this is why i never left your side, this is why i have tattoos to honour you. GLORY is the britney we all know and love in her complete artistic GLORY. you’re an incredible musician. i hope you’re proud, because we are SO proud of you. 

15 minutes ago, mikepepsi said:

Help me out

havent heard the album

but im worried when people list DYWCO as the best song, cause whilst i LOVE that track, im hoping there are other even better tracks on the album

There's better tracks on the album but they're not as single worthy as DYWCO. It's more alternative. Just Luv Me and Better are in the same realm as DYWCO.

#Glory

Invitation                                     B+        
Make Me…                                   B+        
Private Show                                 B+        
Man On The Moon                          A-        
Just Luv Me                                   B+        
Clumsy                                          B+        
Do You Wanna Come Over?              B+        
Slumber Party                                 B+        
Just Like Me                                   B        
Love Me Down                                B+        
Hard To Forget Ya                            B