Britney Spears' New Album 'Glory' Is Officially Out!

Jordan Miller

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I was one of the few who waited until tonight to listen to the album for the first time - lights out, headphones on. WOW. 

The holy trinity is complete: In The Zone, Blackout, and Glory. 

I cried (MOTM, JLM), I danced (everything else), all the while feeling so emotional and proud for our beloved pop music muse/nymph/siren/robot/creature.

I know most of you have been fans from the beginning, and connect to her legacy for various reasons. But for me it's always been about the music - Blackout was a revelation, triggered by My Prerogative. I honestly wasn't a Britney Spears fan until that point (having spent the preceding years enraptured by Spice Girls and S Club). So while the events of 2007 had me (and the world) paying attention to Britney on a new level, that album itself changed my life. 

This album is also a game changer. I'm ready for her to throw all the classics out the window and take this baby on tour. Forget Vegas and the choreography: I wanna see her center strange with a mic stand just singing these rapturous tracks with live vocals in that unique and distinct voice of hers (delusional and never gonna happen...I know). The music is just too good for pop fanfare. It's REAL music, an actual art form. I have never praised Britney for stirring emotions in me other than feeling **** and confident, so this was some next level ****.

I cannot wait until I know all the words, and begin making playlists that blend with the rest of her catalogue. I'm so impressed by how much self-reference occurred, while still being the most modern and mature thing she has yet to produce. 

I know I shaded her CK performance tonight (thanks for all the down votes...) but it just seems so pedestrian to me right now, because there is so much passion within this album. I had even defended that NY Times review because I didn't feel like it was an inaccurate portrayal of her. But now that I've experienced Glory, I'm totally floored by how that critic didn't feel anything real from it. Maybe we're all just so deep in this Britney black hole that we have a truly warped perception...but this honestly felt special to me in a way Britney Spears music never has before. Part of that is influenced by my love and support for her, but another part is simply because Glory is just so damn good. 

Cheers y'all. 

Thanks if you actually read this. 

:brit2016:

Archived