MM #62

giltjuhh

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

You're going to be disappointed sis. Nowadays, performances on award shows don't help that much the songs on iTunes, unless if they're already doing great, which is not Make Me's case, unfortunately. If Britney's performance is good the song can re-enter iTunes top 30 but it will definitely not go number one on it !

A song going only top 30 after a VMA performance... :madonna:

Have you seen how the songs are usually boosted by the VMA?

2 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

lol you can bookmark me babe, even if it enters the top 20... but it will not go top 10, that's for sure

It won't go from #80 to whatever position it'll end up in.

It'll start climbing starting from the Carpool premiere+album release and then it will get boosted by the VMA.

Even if it was at #80 right before the VMA, the sheer amount of people buying it can send it top 10.

For everyone underestimating the VMA boost

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/vmas-2014-beyonce-nicki-minaj-maroon-5-and-more-get-sales-bumps-20140828

Beyoncé's performance of every song on Beyoncé, which culminated with Jay Z and their baby daughter handing her the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award, pushed the pop superstar's latest album from Number 40 to Number Seven on iTunes; sales for her "Flawless" and "XO' singles rose more than 1,200 percent apiece; Minaj's singles jumped 215 percent; pre-orders for Maroon 5's upcoming V  went up 166 percent; and Sam Smith, Ariana Grande and 5 Seconds of Summer were among the performers with big sales boosts.

@Erreur 2 La Nature

Thoughts?

Is it confirmed anywhere that she'll only perform Make Me? If her team are any kind of smart, she should start off with an edit of Make Me, have G-Eazy do his rap whilst she changes her outfit somehow and mix it into Single #2... It'll at least give her next single a fighting start.

Archived