Is Britney Spears "Glory" a "Ray Of Light" album?

Doomsday

That question will be answered this Friday when the album is released. I haven't listened to the album yet, I'll buy it on Friday. Consider this a teaser thread, a preview thread of the declaration on Friday.

If the album is a "Ray Of Light" I'll give a full review (I might be bringing back "Ray Of Light Fridays"), if the album is not, I'll just say it isn't and move on. Let's cross our fingers for Britney.

Just so you know, Lambs everywhere, If Glory turns out to be a "Ray Of Light" album this would be the BIGGEST disgrace in Mariah Carey history. That even Britney Spears made a "Ray Of Light" before her.

Anyway, Friday is the big day. Good luck Britney, hope it's a ROL.

Stay tuned.

P.S.- If the album is a ROL I'll finally stop bitching about it. You wouldn't have to hear those three words again from me. If it's not, I'll keep bitching. However, I'll keep bitching about Mariah because she's really overdue for one. You might not hear ROL about Britney from me but definitely for Mariah.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never listened to ROL and don't care to but I can tell you this is one of Britney's best albums, like everyone is saying definitely top 3.. Which I think is pretty ******* amazing after how long she's been doing this.. It's hard to top the work she did when she was in her prime as a pop star but she definitely has topped a lot of her work with this album. 

4 minutes ago, Hispanicney said:

You know there's other amazing albums out there right? Ray Of Light is a good album I agree but the fact that you want other artists to release ray of light albums is too hypocritical. Madonna is her own artist just like Britney and Mariah are their own artists. Why should artists try to replicate each other's art? The last thing on Britney and Mariah's mind are "this new album I'm currently working on is great. I am going to try to replicate the success and quality of ray of light". Realistically Britney and Mariah don't give a crap about that album. Britney and Mariah do their own thing. 

Is not about the similar sound but the edgy, iconic, trend setter, chart topper, legendary album. Madonna has a lot of those. Britney has ITZ, Moo is FAT.

:arianabye:

2 minutes ago, Hispanicney said:

I know I've listened to the album in full many times. It's only innovative in the pop world but the music world as a whole? It's been done before minus the chart success. 

In the music world as a whole for several reasons :sobbing: 

Confessions on a dancefloor & rebel heart are far better albums than Ray of light, so I honestly don't get why people keep bringing up that album! Glory is AMAZING and in a league of its own!  Period!  I'm buying it Friday and I can't wait! P.S.- Emancipation of Mimi is also better than Ray Of Light,  so you need to take a seat and hush yourself! 

Gosh Im so tired of this "Ray Of Light" type of album. NO. Madonna was trying to make electronic music personal and emotional her topics were about her daughter, reborn, finding herself after yoga, maturing in the superficiality of the industry. Glory is entirely about love and ***, is not a totally departure from what she's been doing for almost 20 years but certainly better and current, lets not forget that she js 34 years old, single and doing POP music.

21 minutes ago, Michael Smiley said:

Confessions on a dancefloor & rebel heart are far better albums than Ray of light, so I honestly don't get why people keep bringing up that album! Glory is AMAZING and in a league of its own!  Period!  I'm buying it Friday and I can't wait! P.S.- Emancipation of Mimi is also better than Ray Of Light,  so you need to take a seat and hush yourself! 

WTF this bubble head is talking about LOL RH and COADF better THAN THE MORE ICONIC POP CD ABOUT SPIRITUAL BEING

Archived