New Billboard article PRAISING Britney.

Alejo.

I don't know...I'm just sick of everything she's done since 2007 being referred to as a comeback, not to mention the continual rehashing of her breakdown. It's like, we get it! We were all there! Sure, she hasn't been totally on top of her game performance-wise for the last decade or so, but that doesn't mean she crashed and burned into irrelevancy. She's never, like, gone away. And the music had always been turning out hit singles. Blah. The fire is coming/is back, that is 100% for sure. But more respect needs to be paid to the fact that she had set the bar so ******* high in the first place.

Mariah literally cannot sing like she used to in the '90s, but each of her hit albums since then isn't referred to as a comeback from Glitter.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hope&Dreams said:

The article is good. Some parts made me emotional but to be honest I'm waiting for the day that they won't have to bring up her past/meltdown everytime they talk about new music. :nervousney:

I agree to an extent; however, I think the reason it's still always mentioned is because until now, Britney has yet to reclaim her pre-meltdown "glory" (at least in the eyes of the GP). Maybe I'm delusional, but I think after this era, Britney will finally, once again, just be associated with the Pop Princess title rather than with 2007.

2 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

The Beyonce era part made me barf in my mouth 

Yeah, as soon as I saw that it ruined the whole thing for me, even though it's a really nice article.  So ******* tired of people dragging Beyoncé into everything.  They seem to forget that Britney existed well before Beyoncé was a solo artist. 

2 hours ago, Alejo. said:

we’ve heard a Spears whose confident vocals convey that it doesn’t matter how much music snobs sneer at her voice. She knows she has one of the most recognized voices on the planet, and 33.4 million albums sold in the United States alone (per Nielsen Music) say that we like what we hear.

2 hours ago, Alejo. said:

She’s something else. She’s a survivor in a way not even her grand forebear, Madonna, is. She was actually destroyed by the media machine and has come back again and again, and maybe even for good this time. We may not all love her music, but we all want her to triumph. And in 2016, who else unites us so? 

giphy.gif

Epic review is Epic

Archived