IF YOU ARE BUYING MORE THAN 1 COPY OF Glory AT THE STORE DON'T DO THIS

Lou M. Taylor

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Rickey3089 said:

CDs are single transaction iTunes idk 

I know someone who purchased several hundred copies of the same CD single a few years ago to give out as gifts, and was surprised to find out that sale was not counted for the charts. I explained to her later that her sale must have been considered an anomaly, and possible chart-rigging, although that wasn't her intent. Perhaps if she had purchased 10 singles each at 80 different stores she would have made an impact on the charts, but I don't think she had the time or energy.

4 minutes ago, TheAllu said:

I know someone who purchased several hundred copies of the same CD single a few years ago to give out as gifts, and was surprised to find out that sale was not counted for the charts. I explained to her later that her sale must have been considered an anomaly, and possible chart-rigging, although that wasn't her intent. Perhaps if she had purchased 10 singles each at 80 different stores she would have made an impact on the charts, but I don't think she had the time or energy.

Well give it a go :whitneyshade:

i remember a article from billboard and it says one cd purchase only 

2 minutes ago, Kirito said:

The stores report the total sales, not individual sales what kind of mess is that :moorangu: 

Common sense is not very common :madonna:

Seriously. Like... What? 

Do people think  EVERY SINGLE STORE reports the individual sales every day (week?) to billboard? Like... What?! :britlol:

6 minutes ago, Perfection said:

Seriously. Like... What? 

Do people think  EVERY SINGLE STORE reports the individual sales every day (week?) to billboard? Like... What?! :britlol:

Who the hell is saying they report individual sales? The stores count multiples sales as one copy in their total and give that total to Billboard.

Where is the logic, please? :leaving:

4 minutes ago, button said:

You're the one lacking common sense. It's not Billboard counting 2+ sales as one purchase, it's the store counting them as one in their total.

As i said, in case your reading skills are as bad as your common sense, the stores have a total sales report, for each new product they get, if they got 1000 copies of Glory, and they sold 950, that's what they report, and thats how Billboard counts how many copies each artist has sold, i don't think is that complicated is it? :madonna:

4 minutes ago, Kirito said:

As i said, in case your reading skills are as bad as your common sense, the stores have a total sales report, for each new product they get, if they got 1000 copies of Glory, and they sold 950, that's what they report, and thats how Billboard counts how many copies each artist has sold, i don't think is that complicated is it? :madonna:

1) You're the one who showed a lack of common sense by ASSUMING Billboard receives individual sales stats.

2) That's clearly not how it's done, going by the letter @TheAllu posted. Did you read it? If someone comes and purchases 50 copies of Glory the store doesn't report it as 50 album sales. It's chart-rigging.

Sit down. :chershade:

4 minutes ago, button said:

1) You're the one who showed a lack of common sense by ASSUMING Billboard receives individual sales stats.

2) That's clearly not how it's done, going by the letter @TheAllu posted. Did you read it? If someone comes and purchases 50 copies of Glory the store doesn't report it as 50 album sales. It's chart-rigging.

Sit down. :chershade:

Lol "a letter". Why dont you go ask the store directly tho? :chershade: Why do you choose to believe a non sense letter? Go ask and come back when you do so :nochill:

Archived