VMAs Producer On Britney's Performance: It's Something She's Never Done Before

Jordan Miller

• Leader
britney-vmas-producer

Britney confirmed she's performing at the VMAs this Sunday, and our lives have forever changed.

Not much is known about the "Slumber Party" singer's upcoming performance except that she's rumored to perform her new single "Make Me" alongside G-Eazy, but the show's executive producer Jesse Ignjatovic tells EW to expect the unexpected.

“She’s not one to do the same thing she’s done in the past,” he said. “It’s going to be something you’ve not seen her do before. It’s going to separate her from other performances.”

082013_britneyomgdead.gif

Other artists performing on Sunday include Rihanna, who will sing a medley of her biggest hits before accepting the Video Vanguard Award, as well as Nick Jonas, Future and rumored performances from Beyonce, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Executive producer Jesse Ignjatovic teases the pop star's return to the VMAs stage

Britney Spears’ new album Glory is shaping up to be completely different from anything she’s ever released. Expect similar surprises when it comes to her performance at the MTV Video Music Awards this Sunday, where she’s slated to sing the lead single off Glory, “Make Me…” with G-Eazy.

“She’s not one to do the same thing she’s done in the past,” executive producer Jesse Ignjatovic tells EW. “It’s going to be something you’ve not seen her do before. It’s going to separate her from other performances.”

That’s no small feat considering the other stars slated to appear: this year’s VMAs will also feature a career-spanning medley from Rihanna as she accepts the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award. (Spears accepted the award in 2011.)

Spears, of course, has a long history with the VMAs, from her iconic costume change in 2000 to the snake dance in 2001 to the infamous Madonna kiss in 2003. “She grew up on MTV,” Ignjatovic says. “She’s so connected to the network, and I know back when I worked on the channel in the ‘90s she was the darling of MTV.”

The last time Spears actually performed at the VMAs, however, was in 2007, and, well, we all know how that went. Ignjatovic says fans have nothing to worry about this year: “It’s amazing [to have her back],” he says. “To have her in such great form with a huge hit, she’s super relevant and current—I think the young people watching MTV now are as connected to her as they were back in the TRL days.”

--> http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/23/mtv-vmas-britney-spears-performance

they can't stop teasing us!! i can't wait!!! :ahhh:

Pre-recorded performance it's coming 

omfg, kidding, wtf, it's so scary just thinking of it :orangu2:

1 minute ago, Style. said:

Pre-recorded performance it's coming 

omfg, kidding, wtf, it's so scary just thinking of it :orangu2:

I hope not... that would literally "separate" her from other performances, hahaha... :( 

Archived