Do you think Glory is compared to ITZ and Blackout because..

Subtext & Fantasy

Do you think glory is compared to In The Zone and Blackout so much because that's the last time she probably had this much personal freedom in her music? That this is the true Britney shining through?

Think about it, when Circus came out she was fresh in the conservatorship and wanted her to have a great comeback, so they made a mainstream hitmaker? I mean her team turned down Telephone because they didn't want her associated with the club scene.

Femme Fatale, commercially good album, you could just tell that Brit wasn't into it.

Britney Jean, need I say more?

But Glory feels like this fully realized part of Britney. Like, "I'm a woman and I may be in my 30's but I'm feeling myself and I want everyone to see that" and explore the more mature side of that. In the Zone was kind of an exploration of "I'm young and hot and I do what I want" and Blackout was "give me everything and more because I want to let loose." Glory is this more mature side of Britney who knows what she wants, knows she's still hot and could get it, and is bringing it to the table.

I think if there was a break in between Blackout and now, Glory would be right where she left off creatively.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a lot of critics are saying it's her best album since In The Zone and Blackout so they are kinda 'bashing' Circus, Femme Fatale and Britney Jean, just because they felt she wasn't into it... nothing more. because she always delivers good pop songs (except on Britney Jean, of course) 

:cigney:

They could well have a point. I like Circus and FF but you can kinda tell she wasn't into it, particularly with FF. The original concept of that album was supposed to be different from what we got. Only song with the original R&B concept that leaked was Pleasure You and it sounds like it would have been perfect for Glory with the right promotion. Britney Jean was really more Vegas promo than anything else. It would have been better without will.i.am and Myah Marie. 

This album reaches you on a cellular level - the production, the lyrics, her voice.....

Her other albums had some pop gems for sure but, like you said, it was apparent she was in a c-ship / not as into her career as her Team was in churning out an album $$$$$$$$$$$$

This album actually comes off as work from britney spears; the artist. not the brand. just like in the zone and blackout; arguably her only two albums  that come off as true creative efforts. 

I hate when people try to discredit Circus, it's one of her best albums and she had a decent amount of input on it.....she wrote several tracks and experimented with completely unknown producers and made one of the most experimental songs of her career which would be Mannequin! Circus was started out as her just having fun in the studio and then they ended up with enough stuff to make an album.....that's why it has so much variety sound wise! 

10 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I hate when people try to discredit Circus, it's one of her best albums and she had a decent amount of input on it.....she wrote several tracks and experimented with completely unknown producers and made one of the most experimental songs of her career which would be Mannequin! Circus was started out as her just having fun in the studio and then they ended up with enough stuff to make an album.....that's why it has so much variety sound wise! 

Circus has some good songs, but it's not cohesive as an album; "variety" sounds more like an excuse to me. She only helped write three songs on the standard album, one of them being My Baby. 

"Just having fun in the studio"? They were totally rushing it so she could pump out an album and help her image, I doubt it started out as "just having fun" to begin with.

Sorry, it's just a lot of people overrate Circus on here in favor of other albums like Britney and Oops and it's a little odd to me. 

40 minutes ago, GimmeTitney said:

Circus has some good songs, but it's not cohesive as an album; "variety" sounds more like an excuse to me. She only helped write three songs on the standard album, one of them being My Baby. 

"Just having fun in the studio"? They were totally rushing it so she could pump out an album and help her image, I doubt it started out as "just having fun" to begin with.

Sorry, it's just a lot of people overrate Circus on here in favor of other albums like Britney and Oops and it's a little odd to me. 

Same. I even bought a Circus tshirt but right now I still have OOPS in my car stereo........so......

and personally I think Britney is a criminally underrated album. It's one of my favs and I love LONELY and U DONT KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE MAY so much 

1 hour ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I love circus though

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
1 hour ago, GimmeTitney said:

How much did she write on Glory though ?

1 hour ago, GimmeTitney said:

Well IMO Circus is a better album than Britney and Oops, my top 3 Britney albums are ITZ, Glory, Circus ....and variety is not an excuse for it being "not cohesive" I love that it's a mix of sounds that prevents it from getting boring/samey samey 

1 hour ago, cho said:

and personally I think Britney is a criminally underrated album. It's one of my favs and I love LONELY and U DONT KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE MAY so much 

I agree, its the best album of the first three that showed off her voice and was the first time she had a little creative control 

45 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

How much did she write on Glory though ?

I believe 3 or 4 songs. 

Archived