Slant Magazine reviews Glory

Freakshow__

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, glorytotheworld said:

"Critics have an arguably well-earned reputation for taking gleeful, adjective-laden delight in trashing something they don’t like. For some of us, though, there’s nothing more satisfying than an artist who forces us to re calibrate our expectation"

Done. This is the only statement in that review that really matters. He's basically saying he was surprised by the quality of the music and recognizes her as an ARTIST. The rest of the review is just him taking gleeful, adjective-laden delight in undermining her efforts.

*** 1/2 is what they gave Beyonce's Lemonade also js

Slay Britney.

And leave those haters speechless.

:queenflopga:

That part made me smile. And 70/100 from them definitely isn't bad. I don't like some of what the review said, but it's still a really awesome thing.

Go, Glory. :jumpney:

8 hours ago, Freakshow__ said:
By eschewing the harsh, dubstep-influenced EDM of her past two albums and embracing subtler pop and R&B sounds, Britney’s made her most daring, mature album in years. The sliced-and-diced vocal hook of “Better” is right on trend, with lyrics that espouse the virtues of, if not monogamy, emotional nakedness: “When you know somebody and they know your body, it’s so much better.” The effervescent “If I’m Dancing” finds the former teen-pop queen deploying her terrible-amazing-inexplicable faux-British accent in the name of aligning her chakras rather than amassing wealth and attention. That’s progress. Call it Nicorette pop: bubble-gum pop for adults.

I LOL'd. Love Britishney 

Archived