If You DON'T Do This Glory Will Not Go #1!

PraiseQueenBrit

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, twenty1century said:

Loved this thread, really useful!

I'm just wondering if the fans from outside the US can do anything to help the streams... i think we'd have to change the ip numbers for the youtube views and spotify numbers count right? 

Get a US vpn online, so you have access to the US market for streams I believe

5 hours ago, PraiseQueenBrit said:

Very nice sis!

hope those physical were bought separately with diff lines of transactions like diff cards. 

I think the vinyl isn't gonna help tho, its shipping in November

I bought them both from Amazon, but with different cards. I'm buying my own physical copy from Target, and I'm buying my boyfriend a copy from Best Buy. ;)

5 hours ago, PraiseQueenBrit said:

WARNING: VINYL'S MAY NOT COUNT TOWARDS DEBUT WEEK

I am almost positive that they do, because it gets charged to your card the week of its debut. I know that billboard considers it a sale as soon as the money has been taken out of your account. :)

1 hour ago, TheAllu said:

Receipts for the point #1? I don't think it makes sense. 

What do you mean? And I don't have current receipts with me everyone knows this is the billboard rule tho

buying a bunch of albums in one transaction is not acceptable to billboard. meaning one giant purchase. It's considered cheating. You have to have SEPARATE purchases. So people usually pre-order a physical on Amazon,  buy one at Target, then run to Best Buy, then run to FYE, then run to hhgregg, etc...THAT COUNTS

2 minutes ago, PraiseQueenBrit said:

What do you mean? And I don't have current receipts with me everyone knows this is the billboard rule tho

buying a bunch of albums in one transaction is not acceptable to billboard. meaning one giant purchase. It's considered cheating. You have to have SEPARATE purchases. So people usually pre-order a physical on Amazon,  buy one at Target, then run to Best Buy, then run to FYE, then run to hhgregg, etc...THAT COUNTS

I've never heard/seen billboard state that, sorry. That's why I want receipts and I couldn't find any. I think it's just fan speculation :yaknow: 

4 minutes ago, TheAllu said:

I've never heard/seen billboard state that, sorry. That's why I want receipts and I couldn't find any. I think it's just fan speculation :yaknow: 

Hey Fred,

I always enjoy reading your Chart Beat Chat column. I've been following it for some time now. I don't remember seeing an answer to this question I have concerning iTunes purchases, but I could be mistaken. 

Do multiple purchases on iTunes count toward sales figures? I know iTunes has something in place to prevent you from making the mistake of purchasing the same album/single twice or multiple times. However, if you do end up buying an item multiple times, do all of your purchases count and are they figured into the sales figures? For example, if I bought a single two or three times, would every purchase count or would they only count the first purchase from my account? Thanks in advance!

Dan Aupperle
New Jersey

Dear Dan,

Buying a track two times would count as two sales. There could be a number of reasons you would want to buy the same song twice (maybe you want to have it on 10 different computers). However, if you were to buy a track, let's say, oh, 800 times, that would be considered an anomaly and would not count. So it's not possible to rig the charts by buying the same track an exorbitant amount of times. The same has always been true of physical records as well. 

I know someone who purchased several hundred copies of the same CD single a few years ago to give out as gifts, and was surprised to find out that sale was not counted for the charts. I explained to her later that her sale must have been considered an anomaly, and possible chart-rigging, although that wasn't her intent. Perhaps if she had purchased 10 singles each at 80 different stores she would have made an impact on the charts, but I don't think she had the time or energy.

9 minutes ago, TheAllu said:

it's not FAN speculation either, themultiple fanbases have all said the same thing. Frankie Grande was notorious for buying 25 copies all in one purchase when it doesn't seem to count. 

I don't have DIECT quotes atm, this has been sort of a rule in the industry for a while. Buying multipl copies in one purchasescan be seen as an anomaly, it's better to have the albums on SEPARATE receipts just tobe safe and so it all counts. there is no definitive rule. 

1 minute ago, PraiseQueenBrit said:

Hey Fred,

I always enjoy reading your Chart Beat Chat column. I've been following it for some time now. I don't remember seeing an answer to this question I have concerning iTunes purchases, but I could be mistaken. 

Do multiple purchases on iTunes count toward sales figures? I know iTunes has something in place to prevent you from making the mistake of purchasing the same album/single twice or multiple times. However, if you do end up buying an item multiple times, do all of your purchases count and are they figured into the sales figures? For example, if I bought a single two or three times, would every purchase count or would they only count the first purchase from my account? Thanks in advance!

Dan Aupperle
New Jersey

Dear Dan,

Buying a track two times would count as two sales. There could be a number of reasons you would want to buy the same song twice (maybe you want to have it on 10 different computers). However, if you were to buy a track, let's say, oh, 800 times, that would be considered an anomaly and would not count. So it's not possible to rig the charts by buying the same track an exorbitant amount of times. The same has always been true of physical records as well. 

I know someone who purchased several hundred copies of the same CD single a few years ago to give out as gifts, and was surprised to find out that sale was not counted for the charts. I explained to her later that her sale must have been considered an anomaly, and possible chart-rigging, although that wasn't her intent. Perhaps if she had purchased 10 singles each at 80 different stores she would have made an impact on the charts, but I don't think she had the time or energy.

That actually explained lots of stuff. I thought you couldn't even buy two singles on itunes, everybody has said it counts as one on the charts! :orly:

Thanks! :) 

Just now, TheAllu said:

That actually explained lots of stuff. I thought you couldn't even buy two singles on itunes, everybody has said it counts as one on the charts! :orly:

Thanks! :) 

That's what I could best find, sorry I didn't delve deeper. You can actually ask your cashier to do separate transactions too for each album I think. 

I read on BreatheHeavy that a rapper had purchased a ton of his albums, and Billboard refused to count it because it's just an unfair anomaly

2 hours ago, PraiseQueenBrit said:

ALSO YA'LL: WHEN GOING TO THE STORES, SPREAD THE GLORY ALBUMS OUT SO THAT IT COVERS THE OTHER ALBUMS.

The other Britney fansite is leading a promotional campaign for people to take pictures of themselves spreading the CD's on the shelves

:selenerz::myjam:

8 hours ago, WOMANIZA said:

I am almost positive that they do, because it gets charged to your card the week of its debut. I know that billboard considers it a sale as soon as the money has been taken out of your account. :)

Actually i studied business and accounting.

it wont count as a sale until it is delivered

Archived