'Glory' Review: 'The True Comeback of Britney Spears We've All Been Waiting For'

AmiDee

Britney Spears’ ninth studio album, ‘Glory’, leaked on Saturday, just days ahead of its scheduled release, and it’s getting rave reviews – not only with fans, but also with casual listeners, some even calling it her best album since ‘Blackout’ – and I couldn’t agree more.

Like how Rihanna needed to take a break from her yearly releases, like how Beyonce needed an album that showed the magnitude of what she could do as an artist, and like how Justin Bieber needed an album to make us forget about all of his childish behaviour – Britney, too, needed an album to remind the world why we were drawn into the quirkiness, the mystique, the persona, of Britney Spears in the first place.

After nearly ten years of Brit’s team circle-jerking on all their ideas of who they thought Britney was in the eyes of the general public, and while we all waited for her creativity, spark and personality to resurface after her infamous 2007 breakdown, ‘Glory’ leaves us with something that will, for many years to come, no doubt overload and satisfy us of what we’ve been missing. Ditching Will.I.Am and bringing in Karen Kwak for the A&R responsibilities was a necessity too, yes, but ‘Glory’ is an album that only Britney herself could breathe such unique character into.

Imagining all of the bullshit that Britney has had to endure throughout the last decade, and for her to finally arrive here, with ‘Glory’, which is now being considered her best album, I can’t help but smile and be so proud to be a Britney Spears fan. With this album she proves she still has sensibility when it comes to making good music, and we’re lucky we finally get the chance to ingest it again after being so long without it.

This is the Britney Spears that I discovered as a 12 year old in 1999. This is the Britney Spears that I never want to see mocked, belittled, silenced, broken, or taken for granted ever again.

Source

:bparty: :unreal:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wish it was a real comeback and not just a one time thing. Like, if she releases this amazing album, I want another album at least in two years. If she's performing at the VMA's this year, I want to see her the next year too, etc. I want her to really, really come back. But I know I'm only dreaming, so I'll take and appreciate what we have so far :crying1:

2 minutes ago, crash1009 said:

If you were the one who posted it, just hope you remove that media. Britney wouldn't appreciate early leaks of her songs.

not my site, i just saw a link from their other brit review on dywco from the other day and posted that then this popped up tonight

2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I just wish it was a real comeback and not just a one time thing. Like, if she releases this amazing album, I want another album at least in two years. If she's performing at the VMA's this year, I want to see her the next year too, etc. I want her to really, really come back. But I know I'm only dreaming, so I'll take and appreciate what we have so far :crying1:

better late than never though. guess we'll have to WAIT AND SEE for the VMAs!!!

3 minutes ago, AmiDee said:

more bloggers need to do track by track reviews :(

I agree but it's funny.. My friend was like, soooo what's your fav songs so I know what to look for!? And I started typing what popped in my head & then I'd be like ooooh but this one.. I had 7 songs in my pre sent text & I was about to type another and I just wrote "*****, the whole ******* thing" and it was the most honest thing I could say 

Archived