Glory: An album through and through.. but not a hit in sight.

IllPass

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how the album will be received by the public but it will be loved by fans. You can see how much hard work went into the album and it is truly art. This album is a step forward for Britney Spears the artist. Who cares about commercial success at this point, she's been there and done that. She's relevant, hot and talented.

30 minutes ago, IllPass said:

After unearthing the 'Glory' album one may have come to two conclusions.

I feel your response to this album as with any LP can be varied. To each their own and so forth.

But I feel once the initial euphoria wanes and good ole reality makes a reappearance there will be a blatant truth evident within the fanbase.

'Glory' is a mood album. It has an essential oomph a "je ne sais quoi" which never materialises into what I would deem a blockbuster hit.

It hits certain pillars and bounces on to the next one. It satisfies many desires in the fanbase which have gone neglected over the years.

This album is striking in the sense that it is an album, which we know Britney has had quite many fingerprints on and for this we salute her. Her voice more daring than the norm.

This is an album that as a whole is completely satisfying from a stan viewpoint.

To the everyday Joe. This album may appear somewhat flimsical.. too 'all-inclusive' too somewhat aghast at the objectives one has set for oneself.

To some it up. This is an album for the fans. It has never been so obviously targeted at her base.

And if you're a fan.. heck that ain't half bad at all!

Without a rational, this is just your personal opinion rather than "whatever-the-point-of-this" post is. Keep it for yourself if you can't back it up with evidence or logical reasoning. These are just assumptions.

1 minute ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

Literally everybody is praising the album though. I swear I've seen people on Twitter saying they have never been fans of Brit but were really positively surprised by the album. I've also seen a poll on A.T.RL where Glory won against... Lemonade... and A.TR.L is like beyonce's second home, they ALL love her and praise her to death... The reactions are REALLY positive

btw why they closed a.trl to visitors? i wanted to see reaction to glory but i dont have an acc there lol

britney's impact?

or frank ocean's?

32 minutes ago, IllPass said:

After unearthing the 'Glory' album one may have come to two conclusions.

I feel your response to this album as with any LP can be varied. To each their own and so forth.

But I feel once the initial euphoria wanes and good ole reality makes a reappearance there will be a blatant truth evident within the fanbase.

'Glory' is a mood album. It has an essential oomph a "je ne sais quoi" which never materialises into what I would deem a blockbuster hit.

It hits certain pillars and bounces on to the next one. It satisfies many desires in the fanbase which have gone neglected over the years.

This album is striking in the sense that it is an album, which we know Britney has had quite many fingerprints on and for this we salute her. Her voice more daring than the norm.

This is an album that as a whole is completely satisfying from a stan viewpoint.

To the everyday Joe. This album may appear somewhat flimsical.. too 'all-inclusive' too somewhat aghast at the objectives one has set for oneself.

To some it up. This is an album for the fans. It has never been so obviously targeted at her base.

And if you're a fan.. heck that ain't half bad at all!

giphy.gif 

WRONG! Previous albums were indeed directed at the fanbase and trying to appeal to her gay fans and the gay club scene which is okay.

But THIS album scraps all that and features a mature and sophisticated sound that doesn't hide her voice behind over produced tracks and instead uses the tracks to merely enhance her voice. It embraces her unique tone with a smooth sound. All the while each track distinguishes itself from the others and acts as its own entity that tells a story all its own. There are AT LEAST 5 tracks that could be legitimate singles that will stand out on radio today because they sound like nothing else on it because no one sounds like her. For example (Invitation, Slumber Party, Just Luv Me, Just Like Me, Liar) Sorry sistren you can't be further from the truth. Walk toward the light, its warm here! :mj:

Archived