AHH French Blackout sounds SO good but the French is not right and it kills it

grevan

So like I'm no francophone but I studied French for 16 years in Canada (hello second official language) and pronounciantions are off. Most won't notice but it's one of the best sounding tracks but the pronounciations kill it. 

Sorry yall. I'm still gonna support the album 110% tho unlike all y'all anti music video stans.. just saying 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Glory(Hole) said:

something tells me you made this thread so you could tell everyone you've studied french for 16 years.:moorangu:

NO that is NOT true. 

I am a stan and I'm not here to talk **** or meltdown but like I'm sorry "monde" is not mond-ay. She is pronouncing French in the same way Spanish is pronounced. 

I still love the sound and the album as whole made me **** in my pants. I'm just saying

1 minute ago, grevan said:

NO that is NOT true. 

I am a stan and I'm not here to talk **** or meltdown but like I'm sorry "monde" is not mond-ay. She is pronouncing French in the same way Spanish is pronounced. 

I still love the sound and the album as whole made me **** in my pants. I'm just saying

I speak spanish as a second language and I am never bothered when american singers sing spanish songs. It's expected and completely fine that they don't get the pronunciation down the way a native would. It's really not a big deal....

K. I'll just let it go. I just thought it would be feasible that she could ask someone how a word like monde is pronounced. It's still a great song and I am still dancing alone at 3 am to all the tracks. I basicallly have created a 1 hour VMA choreo to all the songs. Gonna keep practicing. 

Archived