Track-by-Track Review of "Glory": the Album That Completed the Holy Trinity.

She really experimented with her vocals on this album and it really impressed me – especially on "What You Need." I did not expect Britney to do a song like that but I am blown away.

Even on the songs where there is autotune, the important thing is she still sounds like herself.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Glory(Hole) said:

Could pass as a Femme Fatale or Brenda Joan reject.

Hun,did you really just say that about Love Me Down?!! What kind of disrespect?!!!!:girlfall:

Take it back,*****! Re-write this mess of a list and show some respect:lessons:

its so generic :xcuseme:

1 minute ago, ZoneGirl said:

She really experimented with her vocals on this album and it really impressed me – especially on "What You Need." I did not expect Britney to do a song like that but I am blown away.

Even on the songs where there is autotune, the important thing is she still sounds like herself.

I agree!! I should prob make that part clearer... 

3 minutes ago, monti50 said:

I haven't listened to the leak yet because I haven't found it.  (Help)

but it I will be surprised if there is a better song on the album then make me.

People ranking DYWTCO as one of the best tracks really scares me. 

Sis....theres like 7 songs better than Make Me. Make Me sounds really generic and forgetful after you hear all the other songs. DYWTCO is not the best at all. It's like somewhere in the middle. :cigney:

11 minutes ago, Glory(Hole) said:

Actually I've been a member since 2011 but ok ,sweetie.

Not what your profile says sweetie :orly::orly::orly::orly::orly:

1 hour ago, tommyll said:

BTW, THIS IS ALL MY OPINION, But thought I would share what I think with all you and especially for the ones who had enough WiLL.Power to wait a few more days. :bwink:

Glory Track-by Track review:

1.  Invitation

Spears’ ninth studio record opens up with haunting and angelic sounds, that somewhat remind me of her eighth album opener, “Ailen”. This slow, melodic song features Spears’ singing in a high register and makes you want to fall in love with not only her, but the entire record. This is the type of song that plays when you see the love of your life for the first time in years. Singing, “Yes or no, but no maybes”, she finally seems confident in what she’s singing.  

Place: 3rd/12

2. Make Me… ft. G-Eazy

You know boo… :cooltshirt:

Place: 6th/12

3. Private Show

You Know this too… :cooltshirt:

Place: 11th/12 :truthtea:

4. Man on the Moon

A mix of Femme Fatale and Britney is what this sounds like, with a 2016 spin. With a soft poppy tune in the back, Spears dreams of her Man on the Moon with autotuned verses but a with strong high vocal chorus. With the song slowing down during the bridge, you feel like you are in Hawaii with palm trees swaying and suddenly...Britney is a different language.

Place: 5th/12

5. Just Luv Me

Opening with haunting vocals stating “Just Luv Me”, Britney NEEDS love. Similar to something of Justin Bieber or Selena Gomez, this could possibly be Britney’s best song in a LONG time. Her vocals make you want to cry, but in a good way. They sway in and out before the chorus. The chorus consists of a slow and moody sway with a tune that reminds me of Selena Gomez song, “The Heart Wants What it Wants”. I couldn’t even compare it to anything Britney has done yet.

Place: 2nd/12

6. Clumsy

:drinky:

Place: 10th/12 :truthtea:

7. Do You Wanna Come Over?

You know what this sounds like… :hype:

Place: 8th/12

8. Slumber Party

The eighth song off of “Glory”, titled “Slumber Party” is by far the strongest and most fun song off the entire record. It’s ****, but not in a way Spears has done before. **** in a mysterious, tropical getaway *** in a hammock….way. When I hear this, I think of Blackout and a trip to Hawaii...and having a “slumber party” () in the hotel room. The melodic, but moody reggae tunes that sound straight off a No Doubt album fill the track. Makes me wanna film a *** tape in the classiest way possible.

Place: 1st/12 (prob an unpopular opinion)

9. Just Like Me

Even though this is the second track on the record that had the words “Just” and “Me” in it and words that are similar in the middle, DO NOT underestimate this song. Guitar riffs that open the song fit perfectly with her sultry vocals on this track. Picking up around the chorus with trap beats, Spears seems emotional , possibly making this her most emotional track on the record. Singing in the chorus, “She looks just like me, just like me, No I just can’t believe.”, the track slows down and the emotion pours out in front of you. She’s hurt over a lover cheating on her with a girl that looks….Just Like Her.

Place: 4th/12

10. Love Me Down

Perhaps the most similar song off the entire record to her eighth studio album, “Brenda Joan”, the track opens with a wobbler in the background and autotuned vocals. The song isn’t the strongest, but FAR from bad. It has an effect on the listener, reminding me of the music of 2010-2011 with the chorus where she states “Lah lah lah love me, lah lah lah love me, lah lah lah love me down, down.” Could pass as a Femme Fatale or Brenda Joan reject.

Place : 9th/12

11. Hard to Forget Ya

The song is straight AMAZINGNESS. The vibes I get come from a record with a blue tint on the artwork and time traveled 13 years later to “Glory” from “In the Zone”. Her vocals are straight Britney-In the Zone eras, with current music trends building up in the background. The song has a feature about it that it could almost be an album opener or closer, yet ironically, its neither. Reminds me of Brave New Girl (in a good way :riri:)

Place: 7th/12

12. What You Need

Perhaps the weirdest song on the record...Sounds like she was serious when she said she loved Meghan Trainors song, “Me Too” because this sounds like a Meghan Trainor song, but in Britney’s style. The sultry style Britney brought to this record is EVIDENT on this track. I don’t know really what to think….ehh. :wontcry:

Place: 12th/12

Standard Edition Charts (from favorite to less favorite)

1. Slumber Party

2. Just Luv Me

3. Invitation

4. Just Like Me

5. Man on the Moon

6, Make Me...

7. Hard to Forget Ya

8. Do You Wanna Come Over?

9. Love Me Down

10. CLumsy

11. Private Show

12. What You Need 

13. Better

Opens with trap infused beats that makes the song a real banger. The vocals remind me of "Britney" but sounds like a Justin Bieber sound of 2016 at the chorus. I understand why it's a bonus track though:mj:

14. Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)

YOU'RE IN SPAIN! The chorus is absolutely amazing and her Spanish is so ****. Honestly, one of my favorite songs on the record because it's so fun and ****. :drinky:

15. Liar

People seem to love it but eeehhhhh....Has country vibes and kinda reminds me of Miley Cyrus' record "Bangerz". Is definitely an "I hate men" song.

16. If I'm Dancing

One of my favorite songs, it's just so fun!!!!! The most autotuned song on the entire record but it's such a fun song that you don't care! Understandbly a bonus track but could pass as a standard track.

17. Coupure Electrique

I have no idea what she's saying so...:cooltshirt:

Now I see why you love slumber party!!! THE BEST ALBUM EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ahhh::hype::scalped::werk:

57 minutes ago, monti50 said:

I haven't listened to the leak yet because I haven't found it.  (Help)

but it I will be surprised if there is a better song on the album then make me.

People ranking DYWTCO as one of the best tracks really scares me. 

You will be surprised. There are songs similar to make me but better. And come over is at the bottom of my list now. Don't fret. 

Archived