What Britney and her team doesn't understand about choreography anymore.

SexyLove

ATTENTION: This isn't a thread about Britney's fire or energy. This thread is about her choreography's influence.

Choreography elevates the performance, we all know this, but why doesn't Britney and her team remember or realize that choreography ingrains a performance or music video into our brains by being ICONIC!

Kpop fans know this. You might have a ******** song but it's the choreography and live performances that can save it! 

All I have to do is mention an artist and song and know pretty much exactly what choreography comes into your mind. MJ's Thriller, nsync's Bye bye bye, Madonna's Vogue, etc etc. Recent iconic choreography from other artists is very limited. Off the top of my head I'd say there's Thiefonce's Single Ladies, Gaga's Bad Romance, Drake's Hot Line Bling (unintentionally), and Psy's Gangnam Style - I'm sure there's more but I just saw the choreo for DYWCO and MM and I'm terrified of what the VMAs are going to look like. 

We all know Britney's iconic dance moves from past music videos and live performances:

giphy.gif

When-people-picked-our-beloved-Britney-w

316ec0e0-e177-0132-c00d-0a13eebe068d.gif

britney-spears-baby-one-more-time6.gif

tumblr_lx05oeQqtA1r3ty02o1_500.gif

tumblr_mkiqo5POHJ1r3ty02o1_500_zpsfc7a32

The choreography within these songs, FITS! Now it feels like Britney and her team just inserts moves into performances for the hell of it without any regard of how it LOOKS and how it FEELS. Because without taking that into consideration, nobody will ever remember it. Maybe it's just hard to find good choreographers these days who know what they **** they're doing - i don't know.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's up to her to say what she wants... She's a dancer after all. If she wants to do half-assed choreos because she thinks it suits her more, then be it! I totally agree with you, but let's just wait the VMAs. I'm honestly not a fan of her new choreos even if she slayed the BBMAs, I thought it was pointless and it had a lack of inspiration...

Archived