Make yourself feel better about Glory's future UK performance by reading this thread

Lou M. Taylor

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PlayingItSafe said:

It's not on at the moment. Actually there's no big chat shows on until the Autumn, I don't think. No Graham Norton, no Alan Carr, no Jonathan Ross. Nothing! 

She'd be so flawless on Graham Norton I want her to go on that show so bad! :crying1:

8 hours ago, saicis said:

She's never had a UK #1 album, her highest position was #2. That's incredible considering she was huge in the UK and has had 5 #1 singles if i'm not mistaken.

I've given up hope for a UK #1 single because radio don't play her and a lot of people dislike her there. However, glory could end up being #1 if she slays the VMAs and gets a lot of promotion release week.

Up until her XF performance she was easily the biggest female star in the UK bar Madonna. Pre Cicrcus every single single was a top 10 hit bar DLMBTLTK, ILRNR, and BTI (which didn't really have much of a proper release). MP:GH has sold over 1 million here.

Everything changed after it. 

3 minutes ago, britnostalgia said:

Up until her XF performance she was easily the biggest female star in the UK bar Madonna. Pre Cicrcus every single single was a top 10 hit bar DLMBTLTK, ILRNR, and BTI (which didn't really have much of a proper release). MP:GH has sold over 1 million here.

Everything changed after it. 

:(

Damn so ruthless. She was just coming back from a huge meltdown, they could've been easier on her. 

Just now, button said:

:(

Damn so ruthless. She was just coming back from a huge meltdown, they could've been easier on her. 

It's weird becasue whenever Top of The Pops was a thing pretty much every performance on there was lipped. In fact the show bosses requested artists lip even if they wanted to sing live. Britney had lipped on there before with no real issue.

But whenever XF was at it's height normally whatever artist performed live there almost always went number 1 the following week. Because it was so popular and was a singing competition the press just dragged her for the lipping mainly.

1 minute ago, britnostalgia said:

It's weird becasue whenever Top of The Pops was a thing pretty much every performance on there was lipped. In fact the show bosses requested artists lip even if they wanted to sing live. Britney had lipped on there before with no real issue.

But whenever XF was at it's height normally whatever artist performed live there almost always went number 1 the following week. Because it was so popular and was a singing competition the press just dragged her for the lipping mainly.

So Womanizer got to #3 only the following week because of the press? :(

1 hour ago, jupal said:

Sales (inc. streaming) for this week. I think this is the lowest they've EVER been

1 Blossoms 7,948 
2 Drake 7,721
3 Electric Light Orchestra 6,715
4 Christine and the Queens 6,678
5 Bob Marley & The Wailers 6,402
6 Adele 5,734
7 Coldplay 4,612
8 Justin Bieber 4,339
9 The 1975 4,225
10 twenty one pilots 4,046

If she released this week it could've been #1 :lanacackle:

Britney can definitely snatch the #1. 

You told me there were no big releases right?

Edit: Hmm... Is Frank Ocean popular in the UK?

3 hours ago, britnostalgia said:

And in fairness, she used to dance lots on TOTP whereas she didn't dance well on X factor and it is a singing contest so viewers were pressed that she didn't sing OR dance. Had she danced well then the lip syncing wouldn't have been such an issue. I didn't like the performance, but promo is promo and I liked the bit where she went head banging to SUPERSTAR SUPERSTAR, I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE....

Don't really get how it works? Is the album chart also based on streaming like the singles chart? Why so low sales for albums? Has this been clarified or??

And it's doing well on pre orders on iTunes. I hope the album goes top 10, preferably top 5 considering how BJ didn't even make the top 30 and FF got to number 8. The pre orders combined with sales should help it.

I don't expect the album to go to number 1 unfortunately, only because Britney has never had a number 1 album here. It'd be nice one day. I'm just hoping for top 10 (or top 5).

8 minutes ago, Isla. said:

Don't really get how it works? Is the album chart also based on streaming like the singles chart? Why so low sales for albums? Has this been clarified or??

And it's doing well on pre orders on iTunes. I hope the album goes top 10, preferably top 5 considering how BJ didn't even make the top 30 and FF got to number 8. The pre orders combined with sales should help it.

I don't expect the album to go to number 1 unfortunately, only because Britney has never had a number 1 album here. It'd be nice one day. I'm just hoping for top 10 (or top 5).

Not long to wait until we find out.... :shake:

20 hours ago, YouFeelLikeParadise said:

Wow I don't think I had realized until now how low are UK sales (not speaking about Britney, but in general....) I mean, 20k is nothing for the amount of people that live in the UK.

I think it might be to do with the fact that:

1. More people seem to stream rather than buy

2. The UK has a much smaller population than the US (65million compared to 300million)

30 minutes ago, Isla. said:

Even when they add streams the numbers stay small because they divide the stream total by 1000 and the streaming is not that great in the UK anyways. With 1M album streams, you have only 1000 extra units. Combine that with abysmal pure sales (ex: 8k) because of the market declining and you obtain an album with 9k units debuting at #1.

The lack of competition the week Glory is released makes me think she might debut at #1. It's now or never, this is perfect opportunity to get her first one. She'll need streaming support though!

7 minutes ago, button said:

Even when they add streams the numbers stay small because they divide the stream total by 1000 and the streaming is weak in the UK anyways. With 1M album streams, you have only 1000 extra units. Combine that with abysmal pure sales (ex: 8k) because of the market declining and you obtain an album with 9k units debuting at #1.

The lack of competition the week Glory is released makes me think she might debut at #1. It's now or never, this is perfect opportunity to get her first one. She'll need streaming support though!

Ahh i see. Yeah it's true album sales are in decline because streaming is popular here.

I'd love Britney to have a number 1 album one day but i'm not holding my breath for Glory. I'm hoping for at least top 5, if not top 10. Who else is releasing that day?

5 minutes ago, Isla. said:

Ahh i see. Yeah it's true album sales are in decline because streaming is popular here.

I'd love Britney to have a number 1 album one day but i'm not holding out on it. I'd hoping for at least top 5, if not top 10. Who else is releasing that day?

Well her US competitors? Barbra and FGL. But FGL is a country band so I don't expect them to even reach the top 20 in the UK. Barbra, IDK. You tell me, is she popular over there? 

There is the possibility of Frank Ocean releasing but IDK if he's popular either. I was told there are no big UK releases that week and since Glory is doing well on preorders I thought she'd have a shot. I'd love it.

Archived