"Some battles have to be fought until the end: the battle for the Britney MV is one of those" (French media)

IUSM

It seems the controversy is reaching France (where Make Me... is quite huge, since it reached #11 there, best position in the charts of a relevant European market).

The website of RTL, one of the biggest radio stations, reported about the petition and the original video, and added: "Some battles have to be fought until the end: the battle for the Britney MV is one of those".

True stan inside! :gloria: 

Paris-Match and Gala, the two biggest news and gossip magazines, also talked about it, the latter even titling "Britney's fans at war against the singer".

Several other relevant news outlets such as Metro also reported on this mess. :queenie:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stifler's Mom said:

RTL is German tho. 

It is a very old French-Luxembourgish radio (85 years old) whose name is actually Radio Télé Luxembourg (RTL). And RTL Group is actually from Luxembourg: it is not German. :tbh: 

6 minutes ago, button said:

French articles make it sound like Britney has been away for years. Like she is coming back after 10 years of hiatus. :zoomzoom:

And you haven't seen this article from a French music channel saying "Make Me..., the new single of Britney Spears, freefalls on the Billboard Hot 100".

"We have to admit Britney Spears did not even try to promote. Some haters would say "what you give, is what you get"". :orangu:

5 minutes ago, Stifler's Mom said:

This is not RTL (the radio), but the German channel, also from Luxembourg (both part of RTL Group). :moorangu:

8 minutes ago, If U Seek Me said:

And you haven't seen this article from a French music channel saying "Make Me..., the new single of Britney Spears, freefalls on the Billboard Hot 100".

"We have to admit Britney Spears did not even try to promote. Some haters would say "what you give, is what you get"". :orangu:

Usually people writing these articles are clueless about the charts. The fall on the second week is normal due to the songs not having airplay most of the time.

But in Make Me's case it was the sales dropping :queenie:

And anyways it's such a futile thing to write about. Rise also freefell in the second week. But there are no articles about Katy Perry I guess :zoomzoom: 

I've read one last time saying she hadn't had a successful album in 10 years. I read it and dragged the French journalist on Twitter. He didn't answer but retweeted some random cotent on my account. He was shook I guess. :hype:

18 minutes ago, button said:

"We're at war with the singer" I know they're trying to be overly dramatic but it's accurate :Sippinga:

We should be at war with the director and her team, Britney looked and did the best with the **** that she could. She was into it in both versions. Amateurs could've made something better with that money and a crew

Archived