Is it "cool" to stan for Britney?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

No, she kinda has a bad reputation, a mix between crazy / has been / bad singer

I met someone like that in college one day. I told him I was a hardcore Britney fan and he just went 'oh she went crazy for a while there didn't she?' I got mad and told him she was back on track now and I showed him pictures of Britney now. He was from the herd of sheep called the GP. He didn't seem to know anything about Britney so I just thought of him as a basic flop :flop: I hate people like that. Some people don't care if I'm a fan or not and there are people who don't think it's 'cool'. I hate the idea of stanning for someone just because they are 'deemed' cool by the GP or the media or whoever. It turns music into a fad. 

I don't really think it's "cool" to stan for anybody. Unless you're like 12 years old. Keep your obsessions a secret no matter who you're obsessing over lol. When I see an adult with pictures of their favorite celebs all over their social media and they talk about them non-stop and get into heated arguments all the time to defend that person I cringe so hard and it doesn't even matter who they're stanning for.

4 hours ago, Applejack said:

Tbh it's not cool to stan anybody, at all

^^^ tbh. but nah like, most ppl will give you side-eye for being a britney fan. but whatever. britney DNGAF about it which makes me stan her harder. underdog queen ftw *waves handkerchief* but anyway if u put on slave 4 u in a room full of ppl they still gonna bop

4 hours ago, PBoy said:

Britney is like ************, no one admits it, but everyone ******' loves it

:omgawd:

It seems that if I ever bring her up in conversation, the reaction is 'Wow I wouldn't pick you as a Britney fan' and i'm literally always like 'Well of course! She's the most amazing person ever'. They always think it's adorable and start talking about their favourite Britney songs.

They'll be like 'I love womanizer!' or say they have Work ***** on their playlist etc.

Though, this is Australia and people my age are very strongly nostalgic about their 90s music. My general impression is that people genuinely know she gives quality, whether they admit it or not.

I've rarely received any bad reactions and have no problem declaring my love for her!

Archived