What is your true opinion on MM and PS

MM/PS  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MM is very unexpected from britney since i'm so used to her songs being upbeat so this midtempo kinda threw me off. it's not that i don't like the song but it's not the kind of music that i usually listen to and it didn't have anything that was mindblowing.

PV i don't know how to feel about this song. there's parts that i like but then i don't? her vocals sound like it's been messed with its just weird... the melody is very repetitive and i feel like it goes nowhere

MM wins fore sure

nonetheless i'm still excited for the album and there's no way i'm going to be meh about 17 songs like cmon this is britney

1 hour ago, one+onlyPLEASURE said:

I love MM - I think it's one of her best singles ever. I'm super stoked by its reception from critics and the GP. Regardless of where it ultimately peaks on the charts, I am glad to see Britney release such a fantastic and current song.

PS - It's fun and silly, but I hope it remains a buzz single. I'm not super crazy about it, but I'm not going to complain about any new Britney song in my life.

My thoughts exactly. MM is a genuinely great song, and PS is fun but not exactly single material. 

2 minutes ago, jokobitch said:

MM is just everything I've been wanting 

PS first time I listened I literally LOLD so much bc it sounded silly asf. it's gotten better but I'd be embarrassed if my friends heard it

I also laughed out loud. I heard the "work it work it" part... Then someone described it as a frog croak and that's all I can hear now.

Guest emailmycock

I'm too slayed to function:crying11::crying11::crying11:

if songs that say "I took a pill in Ibiza to show Avicii I was cool" and "I'm sorry because I'm more interested in your body" can be hits, songs featuring Britney's vocals can too:comingthru:

i absolutely LOVE MM - it's experimental for britney, it's a more mature sound, well received. i could go on for a whle. it's a great single - questionable as a lead because it's slower and everyone is always so used to a club banger dance song from britney. but i'm proud of britney and i absolutely love it. i'm hoping the public catches on and it peaks higher, but regardless, i'm proud, i love it, and i love that it's been critically well received.

i also love PS - it's fun, it's catchy, and it's quirky. that being said though, i love it for what it is. should it be a single? no! absolutely not! but i love it as an album track where britney is just being FUN with it! so like someone else mentioned, i hope it just remains a buzz single (and used for the ad because it works great for that). i love PS, but again love it for what it is - a non-single.

Both are experimental songs imo. They're both something I haven't heard from Britney. And surprisingly, I like both even if it's not my usual type of music (I like dance songs, electronic bangers and straight up pop). 

Thank you Britney for showing me these types of songs :cooltshirt:

MM was kinda boring at first but after the second listen I was humping along :TOMH:

PS was hella weird when I first listened to it. The high and low register, soulful r&b vibe, the squeaky baby voice, high pitched rap parts, and the twerk it (never thought I'd hear her sing this) didn't sound cohesive at all. 

I'm slayed by both now though :OMGney:

On Make Me... :

First listen : "I only like her vocals, the instrumental is lacking something : the beat sounds basic, I thought the guitar work would have been better from what I was judging based on audio leaks..."                                                                                                                                                      

After a few days without listening to it : "Wow the vocals and the instrumental are matching up so ****!ng well ! I love it !! The beat isn't basic when you integrate it with the rest of the track"

Moral of the story : This song is plainly enjoyed from a holisitc point of view, a masterpiece.

On Private Show :

First listen : "Her voice is not that high-pitched from what the commercial made it seem out to be" , "OMG HER CLASSIC AD-LIBS !!"

After a few hours without listening to it : " OMG SHE'S SO ALIVE IN THIS TRACK ! IT'S A GENUINE SONG FROM HER !!!"

Moral of the story : It's another masterpiece.

I can't choose a favourite one...

Make Me is a game changer. The GP expected another club anthem, but Make Me is much more chilled and not too try hard. I love it. It deserves much more success than it's had so far. Maybe the MV will boost it...

Private Show has some good catchy bits, but I don't like her vocals straining in the chorus. "Put on a private show!!" is repeated about a million times, but the jazzy feel to the song is good.

Everyone should be grateful for these 2 songs following how much people hated PG. 

Archived