Did you like any songs from ‘Harlequin’?

I haven’t seen the film, & I don’t intend to either, but I do love Lady Gaga’s music, so I decided to give the album a listen.

Surely, the theme isn’t exactly my cup of tea, although I did manage to find some songs that I enjoyed.

Here are my personal picks:

“World On A String”

“Folie à Deux”

“Close To You”

“Happy Mistake”

Did you like any tracks from this album?

I love lady Gaga, I recently started paying more attention towards “chromatica” such a good bops. But I don’t know, I feel like ( it’s just me) obviously. I feel like, lady Gaga just really is off target musically, like she’s a triple threat, but I feel like she’s off brand, i don’t know how to explain it. But for example, I see Bjork and I feel like: oh definitely that’s her. Then I see Madonna, and I’m like… Yeap, 100% her. 
Britney,  jlo, etc.

but with lady Gaga and ariana, I can’t find them in any area 

Edited by Imnotcrazy
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Imnotcrazy said:

I love lady Gaga, I recently started paying more attention towards “chromatica” such a good bops. But I don’t know, I feel like ( it’s just me) obviously. I feel like, lady Gaga just really is off target musically, like she’s a triple threat, but I feel like she’s off brand, i don’t know how to explain it. But for example, I see Bjork and I feel like: oh definitely that’s her. Then I see Madonna, and I’m like… Yeap, 100% her. 
Britney,  jlo, etc.

but with lady Gaga and ariana, I can’t find them in any area 

I get what you mean. Well, Gaga is known to be ultra experimental, perhaps that’s why you can’t associate her with one specific sound.

However, Harlequin is based off the film Joker: Folie à Deux, so I’d consider it as more of a side project. Hence, why it may feel off brand.

(PS. Chromatica is an amazing album.)

1 hour ago, Isla said:

I like The Joker and Happy Mistake the most. The rest of the album is just… there nnn

Yes, I feel that way about the album as well. In fact, the songs I mentioned are the only ones I’ve enjoyed, as of now.

I might have to go back & listen to “The Joker,” just to see how I feel about it.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.