Britney Spears & Beyoncé: Same Era, Different Trajectories - Which One Ruled the 2000's?

Bey made sure than Britney would'nt overpass her by destroying her career. She's an opportunist. At the same time Bey is very talented. I would die for a collab between the two. I think they were really the 2 real popstars of the 21st century. Today I think Britney would've had this untouchable status like MJ and Madonna but I think Beyoncé too because she managed to create her own lane and her own lane

Just now, Style. said:

I’d love for Britney to release a raw and authentic album… gritty, real, and maybe even a little messy, with some fun party tracks too. But more importantly, I want her to tell HER story: her trauma, how she was controlled. Something dark, edgy, maybe with electronic elements, but still pop enough for radio appeal. I hope this makes sense… :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:but I want something stripped down and honest. If she comes back with another Femme Fatale, I won’t be completely happy. As a longtime fan, I’ll still support her, but she needs to give us something that truly feels authentic to her for it to resonate… you know? 

There’s no need for much promo tho, but the photoshoots are a must. It won’t be happening let’s be for real…. :leaving_tiffany_pollard_walk_away_leaving_bye_walking_out_pink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_bag:

I love the idea you have for a new album and I think you're right it probably won't ever happen.

Some hot music videos as well, Britney is a video ICON her fanbase would be sad not to get videos. 

Just now, lebrityque said:

Bey made sure than Britney would'nt overpass her by destroying her career. She's an opportunist. At the same time Bey is very talented. I would die for a collab between the two. I think they were really the 2 real popstars of the 21st century. Today I think Britney would've had this untouchable status like MJ and Madonna but I think Beyoncé too because she managed to create her own lane and her own lane

Bey and Brit would slay a song together and look hot in a video together. 

So in another thread people were saying they saw Britney lose momentum lose spark on the in the zone tour???????????

k so she losing interest in being a pop star in 2004!?!?!?!: literally 5 or 6 years after just starting???????

beyonce has worked at her craft for a very long time so it’s not necessarily comparable If people are saying for sure they saw Britney on a downturn in enthusiasm literally 5 seconds into being in pop music. 

girl it’s been like 5 seconds it’s unbelievable people mention conservatorship but that came way later after she gave up and partied???

• Like 1

Britney took 1999-2004 

Beyoncé took  2005-2013 

Britney was a bigger artist sales wise and cultural impact. She was the biggest person on the planet at one point and everyone was in awe of her. I echo others that if Britney didn’t go through what she did and if she wanted too, could still be just as successful 

Beyoncé was amazing in Destiny’s Child it’s when I really was into her but more the group as a whole, she’s also great solo performer. Her production and visuals are always amazing. I just can’t stand her voice anymore but wont deny her impact and the effort she puts in cus it’s always 100 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, devilsadvocate said:

The way American society has gone if you’re a 90s/00s Pop star you have to position your to career stand for something or you’ll fade into oblivion. So I’m not sure what Britney would’ve represented. But the successful acts from that era are Beyoncé and Taylor (maybe not Taylor, but she’s been successful for 20 years)

beyonce - brown peoples rights 

taylor - feminism anti patricachy 

Jlo tried a bit to lean into Latino rights but I think Latinos are divided so it doesn’t really work. 

ultimately in todays society people want to support brands, bands and musicians who represent something. 

Britney could’ve been an advocate for mental health and abuse victims. That could have been a way for her remain successful. You see a bit of that with how the new artists are positioning themselves .. Chappell etc 

so no I think Britney would’ve probably retired earlier and been more in the vein of Justin Timberlake .. occasionally doing things but not majorly succesful

Uhh I thought Britney was Always cleary a gay icon and ally  before and during the con

Britney’s career trajectory during her prime years was so influential. Maybe more than Beyonce. Beyonce has had most of her acclaim through her artistic merits but I’m also not trying to discredit or take away from what she’s achieved. But Britney was seen as a very successful teen star who blew up overnight, with the media watching her every move. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.