Britney Spears & Beyoncé: Same Era, Different Trajectories - Which One Ruled the 2000's?

4 minutes ago, OneLife said:

I don't think it's fair to compare Britney to other pop stars..

For example Beyonce, you can see she really loves what she does, she worked very hard to get where she is today.. Passion for what you do is important..

Britney, on the other hand, experienced terrible abuse from day one… even before the con.. what the paparazzi and the industry did to her is not worth it.. 

I can understand why she lost interest in her career… especially since she couldn't make decisions during the con.

No doubt Britney slayed her first 4 eras, the second half of her career has been mostly basic in comparison. 

Just now, monalisaney81 said:

I think Jay Z’s power and influence are partially the reason Beyonce has blown up to the level she has. Aside from her obvious work ethic, her power move in her “Queen Bee” rebranding right before the Superbowl made all the difference bc her album 3 and the singles were not doing as great as the previous album.

Bey managed to do what Britney didn't which was more movies and better movies, Britney's audition for the Notebook was really good.

I'd love to see Britney acting more in some good roles like Will and Grace was great too.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

No doubt Britney slayed her first 4 eras, the second half of her career has been mostly basic in comparison. 

In the second half of her career, most of the years she didn’t make the decisions.. again, imo, these comparisons are unfair..

You are comparing a singer who wants to succeed to a singer who has lost her passion and the ability to make important decisions..

Just now, OneLife said:

In the second half of her career, most of the years she didn’t make the decisions.. again, imo, these comparisons are unfair..

You are comparing a singer who wants to succeed to a singer who has lost her passion and the ability to make important decisions..

To be fair, I doubt team con was forcing Britney to lip and I doubt they were forcing the way she danced.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

To be fair, I doubt team con was forcing Britney to lip and I doubt they were forcing the way she danced.

This is exactly my point.. You are comparing a singer who wants to be successful and who loves what she does and works very hard for it to a singer who has no desire in her career.

Britney did shows not because she wanted to but because she was forced to..

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, PerfectLover. said:

I don't like Beyonce, I've tried to like her songs but I just can't. I won't deny that she's very talented but I don't enjoy her music. So obviously I choose Britney.

Yeah, it's all about taste, Beyonce hasn't made teeny bopper music she's always been about her vocals and actual artistry to her music.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, DiamondCircus said:

Beyonce was #1 of the 2000's babe.

I think Britney has sold more worldwide, though I’m not sure about the US. However, it’s worth noting that her career shifted significantly around the In the Zone era… literally everything went downhill for her; she was also fed up working non stop when in reality all she ever wanted was to retire.

In terms of cultural impact, I think Britney has given us more iconic pop culture moments, songs, and music videos than Beyoncé… and that’s no shade.

‘Slave 4 You’ and ‘Oops’ are also more iconic and more remembered choreography than any Beyoncé choreo, but Beyoncè really changed the game with THAT digital drop. 

I’m not a fan of Beyoncé but I always loved her album covers, aesthetic and just the way she presented herself…

Huge pop stars anyway… we don’t see anything like it anymore. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

You're right, we all have different tastes and it's fair for everyone to like more than one artist.

I like more artists than Britney though. I love the Beatles, Elvis, Michael, Kate Bush, Led Zeppelin, Radiohead, etc. I'm a fan of rock, not so much pop, I just love Britney.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Style. said:

I think Britney has sold more worldwide, though I’m not sure about the US. However, it’s worth noting that her career shifted significantly around the In the Zone era… literally everything went downhill for her; she was also fed up working non stop when in reality all she ever wanted was to retire.

In terms of cultural impact, I think Britney has given us more iconic pop culture moments, songs, and music videos than Beyoncé… and that’s no shade.

‘Slave 4 You’ and ‘Oops’ are also more iconic and more remembered choreography than any Beyoncé choreo, but Beyoncè really changed the game with THAT digital drop. 

I’m not a fan of Beyoncé but I always loved her album covers, aesthetic and just the way she presented herself…

Huge pop stars anyway… we don’t see anything like it anymore. 

I agree Britney has so many ICONIC moments from the Baby One More Time video, to the school girl outfit, Oops red cat suit, the VMA's 2000 and 2001, the kiss with Madonna, her performance with MJ.

We see Taylor is a HUGE popstar right now, you're right after ITZ it went downhill, hopefully Brit will do 1 more album someday.

I think an album about her, life, what she's been through added in to some songs would help a ton, there's a huge disconnect from Britney to fans.

Britney can have another hit album, but I think the over auto tune and an album full of senseless tracks may not work.

A hot dance album would be amazing.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, DiamondCircus said:

I agree Britney has so many ICONIC moments from the Baby One More Time video, to the school girl outfit, Oops red cat suit, the VMA's 2000 and 2001, the kiss with Madonna, her performance with MJ.

We see Taylor is a HUGE popstar right now, you're right after ITZ it went downhill, hopefully Brit will do 1 more album someday.

I think an album about her, life, what she's been through added in to some songs would help a ton, there's a huge disconnect from Britney to fans.

Britney can have another hit album, but I think the over auto tune and an album full of senseless tracks may not work.

A hot dance album would be amazing.

I’d love for Britney to release a raw and authentic album… gritty, real, and maybe even a little messy, with some fun party tracks too. But more importantly, I want her to tell HER story: her trauma, how she was controlled. Something dark, edgy, maybe with electronic elements, but still pop enough for radio appeal. I hope this makes sense… :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:but I want something stripped down and honest. If she comes back with another Femme Fatale, I won’t be completely happy. As a longtime fan, I’ll still support her, but she needs to give us something that truly feels authentic to her for it to resonate… you know? 

There’s no need for much promo tho, but the photoshoots are a must. It won’t be happening let’s be for real…. :leaving_tiffany_pollard_walk_away_leaving_bye_walking_out_pink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_bag:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.