Some of Britney's Music Videos Should Be Officially Uploaded in 60Fps

This is niche specific topic that I think only a few people will care for, but given how there are so much fanmade "4k 60fps" videos on YouTube well I guess i have to raise this thing.

See, Music Videos were traditionally shot at 24fps, and then telecined to 30fps. During editing, special effects and CGI could be applied and these could be 60fps. This yields a finished video that's 60i or 60 fields per second interlaced. 

To preserve the motion of these videos when they are posted online, it's best to deinterlace them to 60fps however by default, people seem to use 30fps and these 30fps versions are what's uploaded officially online.

What's worse, some interesting individuals use these 30fps uploads and interpolate them to create fake 60fps.

With all that said, here are some Britney Music Videos that from the top of my head was originally and should be in 60fps. To repeat, all the footage shot on film are supposed to be 24fps and so all the special effects and editing tricks are what's actually 60fps:

Baby One More Time - All the quick zooms are in 60fps as well as some shots that are sped up

You Drive Me Crazy - The Stretching transition effects are in 60fps

Born To Make You Happy - The Camera Transition effects and some of the 2nd verse sped up dance scenes

Oops - The Scene Where The Astronaut Grows His Head

Stronger - Car Scene Shots And The Scene With the Rotating CGI Thing

Overprotected - Minor Sped Up shots in the beginning and first ver

Overprotected DC - The shot zooming in and zooming out of the building in the beginning and end respectively

Boys  - All the scenes with the warping effects, probably most of the CGI shots

Toxic - The Shots in the 2nd Chorus, especially the Fire Special Effects

I haven't properly checked the DVD rips for the music videos for Piece of Me and Womanizer, but it looks to me that these two should also be in 60fps

Edited by RulesRules
  • Like 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.