"Smile 2" director says Britney Spears was on his mind while crafting his horror sequel

Director Parker Finn tells EW he also consulted the media about Britney Spears while crafting his horror sequel, which examines public complicity in star downfalls.

The director noted: “Certainly, Amy Winehouse was on my mind. Britney Spears, of course. We did a little tiny nod in the film; they mention that Skye is 27, which felt apropos to the character," Finn says of the Whinehouse, whose highly publicized issues with substance abuse and overbearing associates preceded her untimely death in 2011. "Certainly those tragic stories, I was watching everything I could: documentaries, interviews, essays, articles, even Whitney Houston; there were a lot of women I was looking at who get destroyed by this process. I didn't want to point to anyone in particular; I just wanted to take that, glean it, and filter it into this unique character."

EW.COM

'Smile 2' director Parker Finn tells EW that tragic pop stars Amy Winehouse and Whitney Houston inspired his horror sequel that probes public complicity in celebrity downfalls.

Britney you'll always be an inspiration :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas::rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas::praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

4 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

Get it babe! :jumpney_britney_green_excited_yay:

What’d ya think of the movie??

I really LIKE IT until the last part, the CGI was kinda wack :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

but the ACTING?!? The main character was really good, also the cast

There’s a particular  scene that I admire the director to choose that kind of style-choreography for that scary scene ( when she was in her apartment) - I don’t want to spoil anything to anyone haha 

but I gotta say; I really love the first movie 

Edited by Imnotcrazy
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.