A history of playback and Britney Spears

6 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

What does being a hater or fan have to do with speaking facts? Britney was busted lipping many times pre con.

Was she dancing during many of the songs she got caught lipping? Many are ballads, let's not act like her lipping was due to the con.

:tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

You can says the facts baby, but the thing is always being focused on the negative things of the artist (in Britney or in anyone). Focus on what she DID do.

Many of her BOMT and Oops era performances were lip synced- including the Oops tour which is largely pre recorded.

I’ve always wondered why they stopped bothered to do convincing pre recorded vocals.

It’s also funny- I know Britney is a performer first, vocalist second, but YOK and STTA are 2 post-con highlights for me. I think so many fans were so keen for her to have at least a portion of her shows dedicated to a sit down live mic moment as the dancing got less.

even her quirky insta videos of her singing songs with Snapchat filters got us all going back in the day! 

• Love 1
Just now, Hypnotherapy said:

Many of her BOMT and Oops era performances were lip synced- including the Oops tour which is largely pre recorded.

I’ve always wondered why they stopped bothered to do convincing pre recorded vocals.

It’s also funny- I know Britney is a performer first, vocalist second, but YOK and STTA are 2 post-con highlights for me. I think so many fans were so keen for her to have at least a portion of her shows dedicated to a sit down live mic moment as the dancing got less.

even her quirky insta videos of her singing songs with Snapchat filters got us all going back in the day! 

It was a treat getting some live MATM vocals and Everytime on SNL. I don't get why she lips Everytime most of the time.

6 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

The thread is about playback though. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

By the way how you have time to be here with all the Beyonce things happing right now? Oh, are the Beyonce forums closed? (only a joke, not personal)

I said in a response in the Xtina Tell Me theard that i like all the popstars from the 90's and 00's, well in the cause of Beyonce only like the Destiny's/Debut era, because the music (is good but not my taste) and because her personallity.

Edited by descg
Just now, descg said:

By the way how you have time to be here with all the Beyonce things happing right now? Oh, are the Beyonce forums closed? (only a joke, not personal)

If you look at my comments in this thread, I did say a few times how great "Something to talk about" live vocals were.

I mean this thread is about playback why be upset we're all talking about lipping? We know Britney's been caught doing it for decades now.

Beyonce has nothing to do with this thread. :gtfo_britney_pink_wig_2007_mad_annoyed_irritated_stare:

2 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

If you look at my comments in this thread, I did say a few times how great "Something to talk about" live vocals were.

I mean this thread is about playback why be upset we're all talking about lipping? We know Britney's been caught doing it for decades now.

Beyonce has nothing to do with this thread. :gtfo_britney_pink_wig_2007_mad_annoyed_irritated_stare:

Im not upset, im chilli, Chilli' with you. 

i wish they would’ve at least bothered to have pre recorded vocals for the tours. and yes i don’t think she should’ve lipped the ballads, she has a great voice.

i think the problem goes back to confidence once again. she was never comfortable with her voice after the BOMT era and i feel like that’s why she chose to go the lipping route. her choreography since oops was too demanding for live vocals. she knew she was a killer performer and her voice was never that special (or trained properly by her team) so she chose to focus on what made her standout.

after the cship she lost all of her confidence. she was awkward in interviews and seemed uncomfortable on stage. she was not gonna sing or dance. they destroyed the performer in her :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

Edited by thesimplelife
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

I did, and they were all filled with excuses sis. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

There can be no excuses if there is no topic. Your point is: you want that she have done more live singing performances, but that wasn't the case. What comes next?

Britney wanted to be a singer, she was signed by jive only for her vocals, in her book she described how she appreciated singing, maybe because she could already sing naturally as a kid and dancing lesions was something that she was put in by her mother, britney herself said that singing was always her stronger point, she also looked really unbothered by her voice change maybe because the people around her were also unbothered by it and nobody said that it did not sound better than her real voice so i think that she was kinda manipulated into thinking that it sounded decent because people who knew her real voice also seemed unbothered by it, her unreleased baby one more time songs are some songs with her real voice and strong ballads but her team did not put that in the album ofcourse, they asked her if she wanted to dance for baby one more time and thats how she started dancing, she liked dancing too but she said around baby one more time that she is a singer who dances, so she definitely wanted to be more of a singer than a dancer, she was signed because she was singing whitney housten and said during her debut always how whitney and mariah influenced her until she went with that oops i did it again baby voice, also in 2005 i think she said that she was happy enough to get a hit song and could not show off her vocals, also diana saywer intervieuw 2003 she said she wanted a voice like xtina and whitney, so she definitely would have wanted to be a singer if she had her real voice still 

Edited by Userxxxxxxxxxyes
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Userxxxxxxxxxyes said:

Britney wanted to be a singer, she was signed by jive only for her vocals, in her book she described how she appreciated singing, maybe because she could already sing naturally as a kid and dancing lesions was something that she was put in by her mother

Nah, is not like that. She loves dancing in were or what you thing that the dancing lesions was put by her mother? She can love doing the two things.

3 minutes ago, descg said:

Nah, is not like that. She loves dancing in were or what you thing that the dancing lesions was put by her mother? She can love doing the two things.

She does loves dancing, i said that she likes dancing too but her voice was indeed her stronger point and she thought herself that her voice was more to be something to get famous for, she talked during her debut still about her voice but she started to dance more at some point when she released that performing was her stronger point now, but she wanted to be a singer in the first place, she was dancing since she was 2/3 years old and doing that kind of stuff already at that age her mother steered her childhood career

Edited by Userxxxxxxxxxyes
5 minutes ago, Userxxxxxxxxxyes said:

She does loves dancing, i said that she likes dancing too but her voice was indeed her stronger point and she thought herself that her voice was more to be something to get famous for, she talked during her debut still about her voice but she started to dance more at some point when she released that performing was her stronger point now, but she wanted to be a singer in the first place, she was dancing since she was 2/3 years old and doing that kind of stuff already at that age her mother steered her childhood career

She did a lot, the outfits, the videos, going to the gym, photo sessions, promotion, touring. And you want there to be more singing but there was no time-space.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.