Is that what Britney means when she says : "I used to be a cool chick but I'm not anymore?"

There was a freedom in her movements, a surge of liberty, something like "I don’t care about being judged", no fear of being ****, no fear of being weird, no fear at all. She just wanted to have fun. That smile she had, i think I’ll never forget it. To me, it represents life, the carefree spirit of youth. I think when she says "I used to be a cool chick", she’s referring to that, even though I know she didn’t like that tour. She kept smiling despite the challenges behind the scenes. :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad: 

• Love 5

I think it means they killed her joy, her dreams, her aspirations in life, her sense of comfort in a family, they killed the typical teen naiveness, they killed her innocence, they killed her drive, they killed her ability to trust, her freedom to express herself, her hope for a future filled with possibilities, and the joy of simply being herself. They stripped away her authenticity, leaving her to navigate a world where she felt trapped and misunderstood. They killed her enthusiasm for creativity, her passion for performing, her belief in love and friendship... They stifled her laughter, her spontaneity, her excitement for life, and her connection with fans too (in a way). They eroded her self-worth, her ability to make choices, her control over her own narrative, they robbed her of the security to be vulnerable, etc etc.

• Love 4
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

I think it means they killed her joy, her dreams, her aspirations in life, her sense of comfort in a family, they killed the typical teen naiveness, they killed her innocence, they killed her drive, they killed her ability to trust, her freedom to express herself, her hope for a future filled with possibilities, and the joy of simply being herself. They stripped away her authenticity, leaving her to navigate a world where she felt trapped and misunderstood. They killed her enthusiasm for creativity, her passion for performing, her belief in love and friendship... They stifled her laughter, her spontaneity, her excitement for life, and her connection with fans too (in a way). They eroded her self-worth, her ability to make choices, her control over her own narrative, they robbed her of the security to be vulnerable, etc etc.

This. All of this. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

tumblr_ogquoz9clc1uwkpr8o1_500.gif

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

this made me tear up :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

she was so full of life and so driven in every aspect of her career. you could tell she loved what she did and she was so hungry for it. what they did to her is unforgivable

• Love 3
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

Spot on.

Praying for Britney. She's a light in a dark world.

• Love 3

Yes, I do think it’s partly what she means. However, I also think it might mean that perhaps she was aware of her talents & her impact — & how it all came so naturally to her, because she loved it. Now though, after so many destroyed her sense of comfort/joy/self esteem, it’s difficult for her to see herself in that way. Hence, why she no longer identifies with the formerly cool person she refers to every so often. I just think it’s deep insecurity instilled by others, more than anything. I’m sure she’s a great person, & has massive potential, but she has to recognize it herself. Otherwise, she’ll always see her best “cool” moments as past events. She’s the leader of her path (& her happiness), & I still think she’s cool, but I would like her to realize that herself.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.