Revlon's Last Perfume Gift Sets of Britney's Contract Ending in 2024

2 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Something I'm curious about, will this mean her perfumes will discontinue entirely? Or can they continue reproducing what they have in circulation but can't produce new fragrances? 

they'll have to hand everything, including formulas, etc to the new company GBB

Revlon will not be able to produce or sell any more Britney perfumes (well, I don't know what happens with what is already in stores) and GBB will be able to manufacture all the old perfumes, plus new ones with the license of Britney Spears

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Something I'm curious about, will this mean her perfumes will discontinue entirely? Or can they continue reproducing what they have in circulation but can't produce new fragrances? 

If so that'd be the end of an era :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

8 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

they'll have to hand everything, including formulas, etc to the new company GBB

Revlon will not be able to produce or sell any more Britney perfumes (well, I don't know what happens with what is already in stores) and GBB will be able to manufacture all the old perfumes, plus new ones with the license of Britney Spears

Perfect. I can stop caring about Revlon then lol 😅

8 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Right! I was like… why isn't there more of a meltdown on here?? 😄

it's hard to predict what's gonna happen next, only time will tell if this change is for the better or not.

In theory, things should remain relatively the same. It turns out the people that are gonna be in charge of the perfume line in the new company, are the same employees that handled the line all these years at Revlon, so they know how things work.

The problem is precisely that, that Revlon is suing them bc the whole change to the other company and how they got Britney Brands to sign with them was all done under very shady circumstances. They disclosed confidential information with the new company, while they were still working at Revlon, and apparently they didn't inform them that they were quitting to join GBB. Or so Revlon says, that's what a judge will have to determine.

But if so, who knows how this will impact the future of the brand. I don't think Revlon can do anything about it, their latest contract was gonna expire this year anyways. But there's a saying where I live that says "what starts out bad, ends up bad", call it karma or whatever, hopefully that's not the case for this new era in her perfumes. I really don't know what the employees have to say or what were their reasons to handle things this way instead of being more open, like quitting first, and once they were at the other company, approach Britney Brands to offer them a better contract. If Britney decided to sign with them, Revlon would've had to hand them all the info anyways, so who knows.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.