Britney actually comes up with "It's Britney, bish" for Gimme More. She should get a credit. Danja's interview for receipt

Saw this on reddit, Danja said she randomly comes up with "It's Britney, bish" and the producer ask her to repeat that for recording.

She should ask for writing credits for that Gimme More. That three words alone is what defines the song and album. And it's such a Britney thing to say in that period of her life. She knew she serve every take in the booth.

Justice for Britney's writing credit! :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Almost Mystical said:

Saw this on reddit, Danja said she randomly comes up with "It's Britney, bish" and the producer ask her to repeat that for recording.

She should ask for writing credits for that Gimme More. That three words alone is what defines the song and album. And it's such a Britney thing to say in that period of her life. She knew she serve every take in the booth.

Justice for Britney's writing credit! :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

Jim Beanz came up with it, he made a joke about her being able to do whatever she wants & Danja was nervous whenever he wanted to tell Brit to say it. Love that he’s spinning it in a positive light to give Britney more credit, but it was Jim’s idea

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 9/18/2024 at 4:38 PM, RedBloodedWoman said:

Jim Beanz came up with it, he made a joke about her being able to do whatever she wants & Danja was nervous whenever he wanted to tell Brit to say it. Love that he’s spinning it in a positive light to give Britney more credit, but it was Jim’s idea

Here:

Danja knew he’d have a brief period to play it for Spears,who tended to pop in for fifteen minutes at a time. Beanz recalls her assistant asking if Spears could use the bathroom. Then she vanished. It became a joke. “I don’t have to come in on cue,” Beanz said. “I’m Britney, *****.” The control room laughed.

“Oh my gosh,” Beanz said. “I should tell her to say, ‘It’s Britney, *****.’”

“No, don’t say that,” Danja said. The adult in the room, he worried Spears would flip out.

But when Spears climbed into the recording booth that day, Beanz said, “Excuse me, Brit, would you mind saying, ‘It’s Britney, *****?’”

“It’s Britney, *****,” she said. No questions asked.

THESPECTATOR.COM

Blackout would be the last time Britney Spears would ever be artistically free. We’re still waiting for the next truly nasty pop girl

Plus, Britney herself said it on the only Blackout interview that he asked her to say it.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.