X TINA - STUNS IN NEW VIDEO PROMOTING 25 YEARS COLLAB WITH SABRINA CARPENTER

DiamondCircus

Christina Aguilera Will Celebrate 25 Years of Her Debut Album With ‘Nostalgic’ Reimagining of Its Hits

The trailer for the project sees Aguilera in a golden bodysuit sitting in a warm living room as she holds one of her signature notes and sings, “Celebrating 25 years.” Along with the video, Aguilera will release a six-track EP, recorded from Spotify’s Mateo studios in Los Angeles. Christina Aguilera, which dropped in 1999, earned the musician the Grammy for Best New Artist in 2000 and included seminal hits such as “Genie in a Bottle,” “What a Girl Wants,” and “I Turn to You.”

“Recording this project with Spotify was both magical and nostalgic, resurfacing some of my sweetest career memories,” Aguilera says. “I laughed, I cried, I reconnected with old friends, and I made some very special new ones.” Along with the collection of live recordings, the Spotify Anniversaries episode will also weave in interviews with Aguilera about the making of the iconic album. “I hope this anniversary gift is just as special for you to watch, as it was for me to make,” she says.

WWW.ROLLINGSTONE.COM

Christina Aguilera will reimagine hits from her debut album 'Christina Aguilera,' and feature MGK and Sabrina Carpenter on two live renditions.

The collaboration with Carpenter will be extra meaningful for the Short ‘n Sweet pop star, who has long been an admirer of the “Genie in a Bottle” singer. “That was one of my very first idols and icons. I was 11 years old and you couldn’t get her name out of my mouth,” she told Paper last month. “She’s very special to me. Those songs raised me.” 

WWW.HOLA.COM

The episode is set to be released on September 23 and Christina admitted that she made new friends while filming the project

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, VenomBoy said:

No seriously, it would’ve been amazing. Its crazy how Xtina is now becoming more relevant and feeding her fans. 

She did things right instead of just pumping out album after album she took breaks and got to have her family and grow up.

Now that the kids are older, and she's looking stunning and still has her voice it's nice seeing her out there more.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

The first 3 cycles yes, I think her 4th was derailed by the Vegas wedding, I think if she had stuck to the 6 months, she originally planned on taking off things could've been different.

You're right though the Britney train wasn't going to stop.

yes sadly jive overworked her for the first three eras and the vegas wedding definitely didn’t help the ITZ rollout. outrageous and k-fed were the final nails in the coffin :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.