Taylor Swift wins Best Video of the Year with "Fortnight" | VMAs 2024

Fita

I love Taylor, she’s one of my top 5 favorite artists. But Fortnight did not deserve to win. It’s been obvious for years, but this year made it crystal clear, the VMAs don’t actually go to who deserves it… it goes to whoever they can actually get to show up - and the only people who show up are the ones who have something to promote. And those people will win the awards. MTV is just trying to get the ratings. 

The VMAs used to be iconic and something stars wanted to show up to even if they didn’t have something to promote. Now nobody really cares and it’s just a cheap promotional event. 

• Like 1
On 9/14/2024 at 4:09 PM, MyLittlePopstar said:

I love Taylor, she’s one of my top 5 favorite artists. But Fortnight did not deserve to win. It’s been obvious for years, but this year made it crystal clear, the VMAs don’t actually go to who deserves it… it goes to whoever they can actually get to show up - and the only people who show up are the ones who have something to promote. And those people will win the awards. MTV is just trying to get the ratings. 

The VMAs used to be iconic and something stars wanted to show up to even if they didn’t have something to promote. Now nobody really cares and it’s just a cheap promotional event. 

It’s fan voted 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.