2024 VMA Thread 🖤📎

Style.

8 hours ago, KrisJ said:

Bitter gays on the upper end of their 30’s won’t understand. Seems to be a lot of those on this forum now. 

Please stop with this rhetoric! I'm in my late 20's and I can't stand this haphazard comparison it's so forced and annoying.... She'll never be Britney! You and she needs to.

Spoiler

• Like 1
7 hours ago, KrisJ said:

I appreciate your openness and statement. At least you didn’t say “she has hepatitis” as feedback like the other poster did. 

Her desperation to be something she never will be is even sadder when you pair it with Greedy, which sounds like a cheap rip-off of Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado, but I think that was done by design?

Anyway. She has a throwaway voice and no originality. There is nothing to understand.

Next.

:byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

Just now, Style. said:

I started this thread, but after seeing the red carpet, I gave up. Maybe we’ve just outgrown award shows. No star power left... just a bunch of random Insta girls now.

It really has turned into social media on stage. From tiktok looking dance to trend based performances. No originality, ZERO wow factor and NOTHING is new. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PlatinumB said:

So this was the Britney awards show? But Paty Kerry was getting the main award lmao

Literally her album is out soon it's the only reason she is getting it. Promo.

That Katy performance was a complete disaster. My critique has nothing to do with her personal life… I just expected a pop revival. Instead, it feels like I'm watching a washed up pop girl.

And she’s so desperate to give this young women advice, but like, why? Who does she think she is? The cringe is real. Mind you, no pop girlie stated her as an influence…. Idk. It’s just weird.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Style. said:

That Katy performance was a complete disaster. My critique has nothing to do with her personal life… I just expected a pop revival. Instead, it feels like I'm watching a washed up pop girl.

And she’s so desperate to give this young women advice, but like, why? Who does she think she is? The cringe is real. Mind you, no pop girlie stated her as an influence…. Idk. It’s just weird.

Paty is a washed up has-never-been:tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:... She's desperately holding on to her relevancy . It's very awkward at this stage... When is her album out? No hype at all lol that award was so unnecessary and plain weird.

Exactly! It's embarrassing for her that not a single person in pop marks Katy as a reference or even a slight influence... which is so funny. She's desperate to cling on to the new girls.. it's giving pick me energy! 

Pop is in such a weird state... I wanna say Tik tok has ruined music but I think it's more of the people in charge and them having the desperation for a tik tok viral moment instead of focusing on the art of good music. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, PlatinumB said:

Paty is a washed up has-never-been:tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:... She's desperately holding on to her relevancy . It's very awkward at this stage... When is her album out? No hype at all lol that award was so unnecessary and plain weird.

Exactly! It's embarrassing for her that not a single person in pop marks Katy as a reference or even a slight influence... which is so funny. She's desperate to cling on to the new girls.. it's giving pick me energy! 

Pop is in such a weird state... I wanna say Tik tok has ruined music but I think it's more of the people in charge and them having the desperation for a tik tok viral moment instead of focusing on the art of good music. 

Yes, seriously cringe. I have no idea why people are saying this was a good award show. Were we even watching the same thing? Just awkward poses everywhere, and that’s it. Also, why was everyone dressed like Britney? I love that she still has such power over these girls, but what was the point?

Taylor winning Video of the Year was a complete joke… there’s not a single iconic bone in that skeleton of hers.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Style. said:

Yes, seriously cringe. I have no idea why people are saying this was a good award show. Were we even watching the same thing? Just awkward poses everywhere, and that’s it. Also, why was everyone dressed like Britney? I love that she still has such power over these girls, but what was the point?

Taylor winning Video of the Year was a complete joke… there’s not a single iconic bone in that skeleton of hers.

I only watched Lisa's (from blackpink) performance and it was the only thing that looked like a worthwhile watch! The Britney thing was weird I agree... I wonder if it was some sort of throwback theme?  

The only thing Taylor is iconic for is being mediocre and being a success at it :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: It baffles me... I'm not a hater as I don't care at all... it's just strange that she has that much success but I can barely name that one song or even a performance of hers! :britlol_britney_surprised_wow_oh_shocked_choatic: 

• Like 1

The show was mostly a snoozefest, as it has been for YEARS. I did enjoy Sabrina and Chappell’s performances. I also discovered Teddy Swims and Benson Boone last night, their voices are incredible and I will be checking out their music.

But like, where was the star power? Where were the legends? Where were the jaw dropping performances and memorable moments??

:xcuseme_mad_say_what_hmm_confused:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.