Beyonce Snubbed At CMA'S (Although She Had One Of The Highest Selling Country Albums Of The Year) Matthew Knowles Calls Out CMA'S

Mathew Knowles on Beyoncé CMA Snub Is 'White and Black Thing' ...There's a Dark History Here

Beyoncé getting no love from the Country Music Association does not come as a huge shock to her father Mathew Knowles ... and he thinks race is a factor here.

Bey's dad tells TMZ … he's not surprised his daughter received zero CMA nominations for her "Cowboy Carter" country album, given her history with the awards show.

Mathew says Beyoncé didn't have a good experience performing with the Dixie Chicks at the 2016 CMA Awards -- her inclusion didn't go over so well -- and he says the CMAs never apologized to Bey.

Beyoncé has one of the biggest country albums of the year, but Mathew says the voters are "showing it still comes down to white and black."

Mathew sees it like this ... "There's more white people in America and unfortunately they don't vote based on ability and achievements, it's still sometimes a white and black thing."

Beyoncé's dad says he isn't calling the CMA voters racist, but he says her snub "speaks for itself."

But, as far as Beyoncé is concerned, Mathew says the decision-makers at the CMAs are taking a negative position ... and it's no surprise "in the current state of American culture."

WWW.TMZ.COM

Mathew Knowles says race is factor in Beyonce CMA snub.
WWW.TENNESSEAN.COM

For everybody else who knows better, Beyoncé's success was never going to knock down the walls that have been barring Black entry for a hundred years.
WWW.GOODMORNINGAMERICA.COM

Beyoncé did not receive any CMA nominations for her "Cowboy Carter" album.
WWW.HARPERSBAZAAR.COM

The Country Music Association refused to recognize Cowboy Carter in any categories for its upcoming awards—though the project was indisputably one of the biggest country albums not just of the...

• Haha 1

But didn’t she call it a “no country album, this is a Beyince” album? :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:
I don’t want to spend too much time on this, but I think the production and mixes on CC are rich, and well-done. Sonically it kinda eats all the other pop girlies… but anyway, I think the AOTY is secured!!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, PolySpears said:

never ever :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

he too broke to buy Brit an award :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

Just now, Style. said:

But didn’t she call it a “no country album, this is a Beyince” album? :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:
I don’t want to spend too much time on this, but I think the production and mixes on CC are rich, and well-done. Sonically it kinda eats all the other pop girlies… but anyway, I think the AOTY is secured!!

I think the bigger discussion is the headlines that black women are still being pushed out of Country Music.

Look at the uproar over Britney getting snubbed for I'm A Slave 4 U at this years VMA Iconic Performance nominees.

Love or hate Bey, her album was one of the biggest of the year.

• Love 2
Just now, stronger1992 said:

Putting on a cowboy hat doesn’t make you a country artist. I’m sure her husband will go off about it at another award show. 

Taylor taking off her cowboy hat doesn't make her a pop artist either.

Where is the logic boo? Most artists experiment in different genres. 

2 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

I think the bigger discussion is the headlines that black women are still being pushed out of Country Music.

Look at the uproar over Britney getting snubbed for I'm A Slave 4 U at this years VMA Iconic Performance nominees.

Love or hate Bey, her album was one of the biggest of the year.

This just proves that some people need to step down from their panels or be fired immediately. Or maybe it’s a PR sympathy stunt or payola to secure her that Grammy?

Who knows. But in all fairness, I listened to the album with an open mind and heart, just like I did with the others released this year, and Cowboy Carter really stands out… 

Are we really surprised about Britney? They treated her poorly even when she had a major record label behind her. Why would they acknowledge her now? Let’s be fr. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.