JayTawndré drops 4-track EP "Press Play" amid music allegations

On 9/10/2024 at 9:22 AM, femmef4toole said:

I don’t think it’s a matter of legality - Other users have just noticed these are tracks made by someone else and whether it’s perfectly free for all on this app it’s still technically their property? Maybe? I dunno. I honestly dont care either way lol. 

If you listen to the tracks closely, they aren’t actually the same though. They use the same sample packs from the phone app that Jay tawndre uses. This has been discussed here at length, but the reason for why those songs show up when Shazamming is because the artists used the same pack 

• Like 1
On 9/10/2024 at 4:15 AM, eddieeddie said:

”Let the beat rock” is actually

Player of the Night by Zey Hugdson

WWW.SHAZAM.COM

Listen to Player of the Night by Zey Hugdson. See lyrics and music videos, find Zey Hugdson tour...

”Dont stop” is actually

Interstellar (Dust Storm Edit) by Rob Circuit

WWW.SHAZAM.COM

Listen to Interstellar (Dust Storm Edit) by Rob Circuit. See lyrics and music videos, find Rob Circuit tour dates...

”game on” is actually

Lost Frequencies by Wizard2444

WWW.SHAZAM.COM

Listen to Lost Frequencies by Wizard2444. See lyrics and music videos, find Wizard2444 tour dates...

You are mentally ill. No shade.

Get a job at Taco Bell and make a living there instead of ripping talented people off.

No offence but these songs aren’t even the same length as the ones he posted? Why make someone feel bad about themselves when they’re clearly already in a vulnerable position and holding onto something that makes them feel good about their life. He is homeless and used a phone app to use similar sounding samples/plug ins, and you went out of your way to suggest he’s a mentally ill thieving individual without looking into how the tracks were created/sound comparatively 

Jay, while I know you already are trying to prioritize your focus on what’s going to keep you the healthiest, safest, and happiest, I know this accessible form of music production is an incredible creative outlet. Don’t feel bad about making this thread or for being passionate.

you guys realize gimme more is heavily reliant on/ adapted from a sample pack on FL Studios, using the Crystal Plug in right? 

Edited by rik
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.