This Day In Britney’s Life: Performing with Michael Jackson, 2001

23 years ago today, Britney and Michael performed “The Way You Make Me Feel” at his 30th Anniversary Celebration at Madison Square Garden in NYC 

spacer.png

The rehearsal: 

spacer.png

This being barely three years into her career…Oh Godneyspacer.png

Edit: This was actually September 8th spacer.png I’m a fake stan

Edited by thesimplelife
  • Love 6

an icon at just 19, and like you stated 3 years into her career.

this is why I’m always like wtf? when people say is Tate / Sabrina / whomever the next Britney Spears?

girl if you have to ask it’s already too late… the only other “recent” artist that had this happen to them was Justin Bieber 

britney skyrocketed and cemented her status basically 3 months in.

Edited by super.nova
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, super.nova said:

an icon at just 19, and like you stated 3 years into her career.

this is why I’m always like wtf? when people say is Tate / Sabrina / whomever the next Britney Spears?

girl if you have to ask it’s already too late… the only other “recent” artist that had this happen to them was Justin Bieber 

britney skyrocketed and cemented her status basically 3 months in.

Yes, there's no one like her. I love Sabrina Carpenter but she's not Britney :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

Many younger fans might not realize that we didn't initially get to see this performance when the special aired. Britney had an exclusivity contract with MTV IIRC that didn't allow her to appear on the first broadcast due to its proximity to the VMA's.

I always wondered how did you guys see it back then

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.