Name One Britney Song That Could’ve Been “Good” With A Different Chorus

My song choice for this topic: 

“Private Show”

I think the song carries a soulful, sort of vintage essence in the production, which I find favorable for Britney’s overall sound. That said, I don’t believe the chorus was formulated well-enough, considering her voice is clearly not made for the higher notes. I would’ve much preferred a lower register, since she sounds more appealing in a deeper tone. Regardless, what’s done is done, & even though this song was promising in solid ways, the chorus ended up destroying it completely. 

Here’s the song, judge for yourself:

What is a Britney song you think could’ve been “good” with a different chorus?

• Like 1

BJ and Glory both lacked strong choruses. In the case of BJ, not even that could save the songs. Just such sloppy songwriting and half-assed productions all around.

With Glory, I think “Make Me”, “Clumsy”, “Love Me Down”, “Just Like Me”, “Just Luv Me”, and “Better” could have all benefitted a lot from stronger choruses.

With Femme Fatale, “TTWE” immediately comes to mind. Such a lazy, repetitive chorus.

That’s all I got off the top off my head. I do think the main problem with pop songs today in general is a lack of strong choruses.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Isla said:

Chillin' With You. The verses are okay actually, if the chorus was in a similar vain and had that acoustic/folk vibe the song could have been a lot better. The random trap beat drops in the chorus made the song a mess.

Ugh, the chorus on that song was almost parody-like, very childish —& the beat drop didn’t help either. Although, the cherry on top were those deceptive vocals. I agree, simply atrocious.

Edited by DoYouDare?
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, BritneyGasoline said:

Private Show is horrendous no matter what.

I guess I’ve chosen to see the bigger picture. For example, Britney’s voice could be powerful within her music, if she sang in her range —& a few more sessions could’ve helped ameliorate the production choices.

57 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

BJ and Glory both lacked strong choruses. In the case of BJ, not even that could save the songs. Just such sloppy songwriting and half-assed productions all around.

With Glory, I think “Make Me”, “Clumsy”, “Love Me Down”, “Just Like Me”, “Just Luv Me”, and “Better” could have all benefitted a lot from stronger choruses.

With Femme Fatale, “TTWE” immediately comes to mind. Such a lazy, repetitive chorus.

That’s all I got off the top off my head. I do think the main problem with pop songs today in general is a lack of strong choruses.

I agree, a lot of the Glory songs contained excessively repetitive phrases on the chorus —but you’re right, many pop songs do tend to incline more on repetitiveness over strong choruses, & that’s the reality.

You’ve made some great points.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.