I was rewatching the Don Philip's X-Factor (unedited) audition and I wanna know what do you think of it

I felt bad for him. Something happened in the way that made him have his vocals be fry or hurt like that... I also feel bad because LA was saying Britney felt uncomfortable watching him (in the behind the scenes he says omg, I felt like I hurt her!). Anyways, I know that wasn't his intention. I also get what Simon says about him letting go of chasing this dream of being a singer (at least a famous popstar). In the end of the audition Britney wouldn't even look him in the eyes... What do you think? Also did you feel there was a lack of empathy of the judges?

Edited by Fita
2 minutes ago, PolySpears said:

Britney knew him and then just looked

:decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

and how did he make her uncomfortable???

and when did the transition even happen? like she was nice to him in the beginning :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

He called the queen of gays homophobic on national television….imagine how she felt in that moment.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, monalisaney81 said:

He called the queen of gays homophobic on national television….imagine how she felt in that moment.

omg I just watched it

I don't want to judge but I feel like something here was scripted, and not the audience laughing at him :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

Edited by PolySpears
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, monalisaney81 said:

I don't get it... I don't see that moment when he says that. Do you mean when he says he thought Britney didn't really know or liked him and then he said he's gay?

Edited by Fita
1 minute ago, Fita said:

I don't get it... I don't see that moment when he says that. Do you mean when he says he thought Britney didn't really know or liked him and then he said he's gay?

He literally says someone told him that Britney didn’t think it was okay that he was gay or something along the lines of that.

• Love 1
  • Like 5

It was uncomfortable to watch and I feel really bad for both of them. Britney was forced to be there and the judges easily could have been kinder to him. I think Britney got uncomfortable due to a number of reasons? But I also think that Don was trying to perhaps say that because of his ***uality the industry shut him out, and how it did not matter that he had a collaboration with the biggest star in the world based on what others told him?

it was inappropriate and very exploitative of the producers. I hope he’s feeling better now. Never should’ve aired.

Edited by rik
  • Love 2
  • Like 4

Nothing related to the Don situation but people here remember during the X factor season Jamie Lynn said something about the bible not accepting gay marriage?

I swear I saw some articles about it, she was dragged but I never found the articles again... like it disappeared for some reason.

• Like 1

Hard to watch, I understand Britney's reaction tho, it's difficult to see someone you know struggling so much in front of so many people on television. It's very hard. He should have just come and sung, not shared his life story. Also, we should remember the context, people were saying that Britney was going to be nice to everyone, so this is the result. The "shut up" wasn't necessary. Poor him, but time to be a star is over.  :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

45 minutes ago, rik said:

It was uncomfortable to watch and I feel really bad for both of them. Britney was forced to be there and the judges easily could have been kinder to him. I think Britney got uncomfortable due to a number of reasons? But I also think that Don was trying to perhaps say that because of his ***uality the industry shut him out, and how it did not matter that he had a collaboration with the biggest star in the world based on what others told him?

it was inappropriate and very exploitative of the producers. I hope he’s feeling better now. Never should’ve aired.

I heard he got into gay poon. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.