The James Holzier being number #1 on MenCelebs.com's top 25 list incident is insane, and I have some theories I needed to help bring up in here

hello there. 

after doing my investigation into james holzier from this thread: 

i discovered something interesting on mencelebs.com. 

when i investigated into this mystery a little while ago after celebrating james holzier's 43rd birthday on august 11, i found out his name was always number #1 on mencelebs.com's top 25 list. 

i couldn't find an archive for the new additions on mencelebs.com that featured james on it, though i think he was most likely added to the website in december of 2003 or january of 2004. 

as i went through the archives for the top 25 list, i discovered that tom felton was number #1 on the top 25 list in 2003. 

20240825-145539.jpg

within mid 2002 and 2003, tom felton dominated the entire mencelebs.com top 25 list. i assume that it has a lot to do with harry potter and how popular he was in comparison to daniel radcliffe, but that's just my theory.

fast forward to february of 2004, and that's exactly when james holzier would appear on the list out of nowhere at number #12. 

20240825-145601.jpg

considering the fact that he was just a unknown actor who only appeared in three obscure projects over the years (cousin skeeter, willy the hitman, and dreams in the attic), it is kinda weird for a unknown actor like james holzier to just pop up on a famous male celebrity list out of nowhere. 

and then, that's when april of 2004 rolled around and james made the number #2 spot on the list. 

20240825-145630.jpg

june of 2004, jeremy sumpter became so popular for the peter pan film that he was in at the time and reached number #1, as he was still there, james was beat by seven other male celebs on the list. 

20240825-151016.jpg

august of 2004, james is now number #13 on the list. 

20240825-155535.jpg

september 19, 2004, james holzier reaches right up to number #4 on the list and he is beefing with kyle lai-fatt as he is at the number #3 spot.

20240825-155557.jpg

holy camoly. 

september 22, 2004, james holzier falls off of the top 25 list and he is no longer there anymore. 

ddddddddd.gif

october of 2004, james holzier made it back to the top 25 list and he is number #2 again. 

20240825-155651.jpg

moving on to january 4, 2005, gerard butler and tom felton kicked james off of the number #2, making him appear at number #4 instead. 

20240825-162825.jpg

then in january 15, 2005, james makes it to number #3 kicking tom felton off to number #5.

20240825-162902.jpg

february 5, 2005, james is now at the number #4 spot. rip to chris trousdale. 

20240825-162937.jpg

march of 2005, james is now at the number #5 spot.

20240825-163042.jpg

april 3, 2005, james is now at the number #12 spot. 

20240825-184021.jpg

april 14, 2005, james is now at the number #6 spot. 

20240825-184012.jpg

may of 2005, james dropped eighteen spots down and is now at the number #19 spot, and from then on, you'll see some differences in the top 25 list.

20240825-184047.jpg

20240825-184109.jpg

20240825-184146.jpg

20240825-184211.jpg

20240825-184237.jpg

october of 2005, james holzier is now at the number #2 spot, sitting next to wentworth miller, who is sitting at the number #1 spot. 

20240825-184310.jpg

:ohcrap_britney_crap_omg_glory_jimmy_kimmel_jkl_surprised_wow:

james holzier reached number #1 on the top 25 list on november 17, 2005. i am wheezing for my life, how did this man even- 

:airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

20240825-184401.jpg

but james holzier was not going to appear as number #1 much longer, as on november 24, 2005, the late wwe wrestler eddie guerrero kicked him off of the number #1 spot to appear in number #2 instead. because of this, eddie passed away during that time, and it was already time for the man behind the latino heat moniker to be at the top on the top 25 list on mencelebs.com. 

20240825-223344.jpg

december 12, 2005, logan bartholomew replaced eddie guerrero on the number #1 spot... and james is still number #2. 

20240825-225148.jpg

december 21, 2005, six male celebrities beat james on the list, leaving him six spots down to number #7.

20240825-225207.jpg

january of 2006, zac efron has officially made it to number #1, thanks to the popularity of high school musical, which made him so popular that year. and our pal james is now at number #3. 

20240825-225234.jpg

march 6, 2006, zac efron and james holzier fight to the top as one man will make it to number #1 on the top 25 list, and the other, being at number #2. who will win? 

20240825-225255.jpg

Edited by kylelaiflop
Posted (edited)

look-at-this-wow.gif

james holzier is officially number #1 on mencelebs.com. what in the actual f- 

20240825-231917.jpg

believe it or not, james holzier reached number #1 on mencelebs.com on march 26, 2006 and stayed that way until december 24, 2007. or so we thought. 

on christmas eve of 2007, dave batista and nineteen other male celebrities beat james holzier off the list.

20240825-234543.jpg

out of nowhere in january of 2008, james holzier is back on the number #1 spot and remains undefeated out of all male celebrities on mencelebs.com. 

20240825-234603.jpg

fast forward to november of 2008, diego luna and a crap ton of other male celebrities beat james holzier off of the number #1 spot entirely. 

aaaaaaaaaaaa.gif

the undefeated king couldn't take it anymore as he made it back to number #1 again on january of 2009 and remaining up there until the top 25 list was eventually discontinued in mid 2009.

20240825-235409.jpg

Edited by kylelaiflop
Posted (edited)

619868da44c91aadd80f039455c0c541.jpg

good god, this was so tiring for me to do. i finally did it. i will discuss about why james did this and my top five theories on why he did that.

• theory number one: bots/fangirls

i think this theory could mean that james used bots to add his name onto the list to make it seem like he was already famous when he wasn't in anything popular yet. and possibly the hitmans themselves (james holzier fans) voted for james to be at the top so that no other male celeb would beat him until they already did. whether that means something or not is up for debate. 

• theory number two: copyright trap

i do think this theory is very likely that james being on the list could mean he did it as a means for people to not copy the list to other websites. think about yeah yeah beebiss i, a game that people have claimed doesn't exist, and why it was added to a gaming list it doesn't belong in in the first place. james most likely did the same thing in order for other websites to not copy their listings into their own. hence why askmen.com never added james as a part of their yearly top 49 lists because of this. 

• theory number three: placeholder for a famous male celebrity who was already on the list and/or most likely removed from the list, but was still popular at the time james did this on mencelebs.com

this theory could mean that james added his name as number #1 as a placeholder for someone who was famous during the years he was number #1 in. it could be any male celeb for that matter, but it could also mean that it could be referring to someone who was on the list as him, but i could very much be wrong about that. james most likely pulled an alan smithee on mencelebs.com and that might be the case. if that isn't the case, then why is he on the list in the first place? as i have said at the start of this post, it wouldn't be unlikely for a unknown actor to appear on a famous male celebrity list out of thin curiosity that someone might have not seen him before. 

• theory number four: james did it himself because he was jealous of the more famous male celebs before and after him 

i like to think that james doing this himself would very much be a narcissistic d-bag move by him. james being number #1 on mencelebs.com because he was jealous of other male celebrities who were way more bigger than him at the time, would likely explain his purpose and reasoning for why he would do such a thing. imagine if cancel culture was a thing in the 2000s, he would very much be called out as a clout chaser and a enormous narcissistic piece of garbage. if that is the case, then why isn't youtubers like justin whang or thegamerfrommars discussing about him more? that would be so awesome to see, but i can't imagine one of these guys calling him the d word for what he did online. i'm pretty sure his actions were stupid enough to get him through where he's at today, but it's not like he was a extremely bad person who did all of this stuff online to get attention in hollywood just because. and lastly we have... 

• theory number five: arg

i think this theory may reveal that james holzier did all of this for an alternate reality game and maybe this was the case. if not, why is people fangirling for an obscure actor so obscure to the world? it just makes no sense whatsoever. 

so yeah, these are all of my theories as to why james holzier was placed number #1 on mencelebs.com's top 25 list. hopefully you guys and gals can share your own theories on this topic in the comments if you like. 

thanks for reading, and have a very nice day! toodles! 

:arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving: 

Edited by kylelaiflop
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, TheVoodooThatWeDo said:

What in Gaga’s name in this thread sis?

Confused Little Girl GIF

it was a investigation into james holzier adding his name to number #1 on the top 25 list of mencelebs.com, despite him not being a famous actor at the time. what are your own theories, thoughts and speculations on it, @TheVoodooThatWeDo?

Edited by kylelaiflop
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Why do I keep seeing this mans name on this forum 😭😅

because james holzier was some urban legend who claimed to be the most famous hollywood actor in the world and that's why. read this reddit thread and news article on him @ObsessedBritFan1 if you would like to know what happened to him and why he did this in the first place. 

WEB.ARCHIVE.ORG

A Redditor by the handle of cyborgdonkey3000 claims to have exposed a massive online conspiracy dedicated to making actor James Holzier appear famous and many fellow Redditors found...

Edited by kylelaiflop
  • Like 2
50 minutes ago, kylelaiflop said:

because james holzier was some urban legend who claimed to be the most famous hollywood actor in the world and that's why. read this reddit thread and news article on him @ObsessedBritFan1 if you would like to know what happened to him and why he did this in the first place. 

WEB.ARCHIVE.ORG

A Redditor by the handle of cyborgdonkey3000 claims to have exposed a massive online conspiracy dedicated to making actor James Holzier appear famous and many fellow Redditors found...

Ok but I'm scared lol :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

• Haha 2
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Ok but I'm scared lol :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

james did it because he was being a funny troll on the internet, not being somewhat of a massive jerk. people on reddit are the worst thing ever known to mankind. when will they know that james holzier is still meditating inside of his bathtub all to this very exact day, and they insult him so much for it, which gives them 50,000 upvotes/karma on their reddit account because they made a 31 year old man (at the time he was 31, and now he's 43) retire from acting because of their rude and hateful insults towards him on reddit??? they're the ones who are such total jerks, not him. justice for james holzier if he ever does come back to act again. 

James-Holzier-is-sleeping.jpg

Edited by kylelaiflop
  • Haha 1

This thread is to distract from the OP stalking, trolling and impersonating random non-famous people online for years by posting about this James troll who they also might be

They’re literally describing themselves with these posts, they’re unhinged and do the same online which is why they've been banned from other sites for posts like these:

Spoiler

IMG-5325.pngIMG-5328.pngIMG-5326.png

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, zone_ said:

This thread is to distract from the OP stalking, trolling and impersonating random non-famous people online for years by posting about this James troll who they also might be

They’re literally describing themselves with these posts, they’re unhinged and do the same online which is why they've been banned from other sites for posts like these:

Hide contents

IMG-5325.pngIMG-5328.pngIMG-5326.png

it's just an alternate reality game putting an end into deepfake p o r n of female celebrities once and for all. please? :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: 

Edited by kylelaiflop
1 hour ago, nwonder said:

He is Lou Taylor’s and Jamie Sears secret love child

:ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh: 

lol and he was born in the same year as britney and beyonce, plus he even grew up in texas just like beyonce, and was even born a month before beyonce and four months before britney, so there's that. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: 

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, trip to my touch said:

:madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts:

James Holzier’s repeated placement as the number one male celebrity on MenCelebs.com’s "Top 25 Most Popular Male Celebrities" list during 2006, 2007, and 2008, led to significant controversy and ultimately resulted in the removal of the list in mid-2009.

Holzier's consistent top ranking over a three-year period puzzled many, especially since he was not widely recognized compared to other prominent Hollywood stars who were also on the list. This sparked speculation and debate among users and the public. Some believed that Holzier’s fanbase was particularly active, driving his position through consistent voting, while others questioned the integrity of the ranking system itself.

The controversy surrounding Holzier’s rankings, coupled with the growing scrutiny of the website’s methodology, ultimately led to MenCelebs.com deciding to remove the "Top 25 Most Popular Male Celebrities" list altogether in mid-2009. The removal was seen as an attempt to address the controversies and criticisms that had arisen from the rankings.

James Holzier, an American actor born in 1981, became somewhat of an internet sensation in the mid-2000s, known for his roles in Willy The Hitman and Dreams In The Attic, and for having fansites being created about him, despite the actor not being as popular as people would think. However, his fame was largely based on exaggerated or fabricated claims about his career and personal life. On August 12, 2012, Reddit users exposed these fabrications, revealing that many of Holzier's claims, such as associations with major Hollywood projects and relationships with female celebrities, were false. This exposure led to a significant decline in his public presence.

This incident serves as an example of how online popularity can be unpredictable and sometimes contentious, particularly when it conflicts with mainstream perceptions of celebrity status. It also reflects the influence that dedicated online communities can have on shaping public narratives and rankings in the digital age.

chatgpt explanation for you lol 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.