What if the Onyx Tour continued?

11 hours ago, PolySpears said:

What if the Onyx Hotel Tour continued? :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

Here's what I think would happen:

• Music Video for Outrageous + Remix with Snoop Dogg
  • More ITZ promo
  • Maybe no 2 weddings in 2004?
  • My Prerogative part of ITZ..?
  • Maybe Original Doll / Delayed Greatest Hits

She would have had a way to get out from being overworked for years and everything would have went wrong regardless of the leg injury or kevin

She was just so stressed out, even if you look at the behind the scenes pictures for the soothing of outrageous she looks completely miserable.

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, HIM said:

Yeah even watching Chaotic, you see how done she was. To think a year prior, was the era she danced with Michael Jackson on stage. 

3 years prior, in stages a year after the mj stuff even tho it was curated af you can still see glimpses of her being done.

the mj performance was before the britney album

I like chaotic bc you see her happy but not on the boring part I also liked her seeing her not so curated 

• Like 4

But the real question is…what would have happened if they didn’t force her to shoot the music video for Outrageous:

- She would have released Touch of My Hand or Breathe on Me as the fourth single

- A MV for the fourth single

- She wouldn’t have cancelled the Onyx Hotel Tour due to the knee injury, so she continued the tour until August 2004 

- Then she had a break to marry Kevin between September and January 2005

- She wouldn’t have premiered Mona Lisa in December, so the label didn’t scrap the plans of Original Doll and would let her release it, alongside a GH album:

CD 1 Greatest Hits

CD2 Original Doll (MP, DS, ML, Someday, OTYN, Chaotic, ATWK, TO, Ouch, ML&H, PS, LIF, DML…)

- The new album would have distracted her from releasing Chaotic, so it never happened

- The next movements, sadly, would have stayed the same

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, UnbrokenExaholic said:

But the real question is…what would have happened if they didn’t force her to shoot the music video for Outrageous:

- She would have released Touch of My Hand or Breathe on Me as the fourth single

- A MV for the fourth single

- She wouldn’t have cancelled the Onyx Hotel Tour due to the knee injury, so she continued the tour until August 2004 

- Then she had a break to marry Kevin between September and January 2005

- She wouldn’t have premiered Mona Lisa in December, so the label didn’t scrap the plans of Original Doll and would let her release it, alongside a GH album:

CD 1 Greatest Hits

CD2 Original Doll (MP, DS, ML, Someday, OTYN, Chaotic, ATWK, TO, Ouch, ML&H, PS, LIF, DML…)

- The new album would have distracted her from releasing Chaotic, so it never happened

- The next movements, sadly, would have stayed the same

I feel musically this would be better...

and a mv for the fourth single would be interesting

56 minutes ago, peacht said:

3 years prior, in stages a year after the mj stuff even tho it was curated af you can still see glimpses of her being done.

the mj performance was before the britney album

I like chaotic bc you see her happy but not on the boring part I also liked her seeing her not so curated 

Thank you for correcting my ***. I guess our girl was a three album girl at heart. Make ha money and quit 

plus I forget how late in the year her era started lol 

Edited by HIM

the real question is, what if she never met K-Fed? she would’ve still taken a career break but the 2007 meltdown wouldn’t have happened since it was heavily influenced by postpartum depression. She told a magazine in 2006 that she missed being on stage and performing, she would’ve made a huge comeback by her own rules. she was at her best when she took control

Edited by thesimplelife
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

Outrageous would have been pushed as a proper single. There was also rumours more singles would be released from In the Zone and the album would be rereleased.

the tour may have continued into 2005 as they were rumours she was going to perform in some Asian countries (notably China).

Britney wouldn’t have got married to Kevin that September but they may have got married in 2005

GH:MP also wouldn’t have come out. The knee injury changed a LOT…

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, peacht said:

She would have had a way to get out from being overworked for years and everything would have went wrong regardless of the leg injury or kevin

She was just so stressed out, even if you look at the behind the scenes pictures for the soothing of outrageous she looks completely miserable.

Yeah iirc she flew to New York to film the Outrageous video immediately after the European Onyx leg ended. Poor girl couldn’t get a break inbetween? Apparently she was exhausted and didn’t want to film the video either. I don’t know if I believe she intentionally injured her knee as she had already injured it twice before so it seems it was bound to happen again sadly. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Isla said:

Outrageous would have been pushed as a proper single. There was also rumours more singles would be released from In the Zone and the album would be rereleased.

the tour may have continued into 2005 as they were rumours she was going to perform in some Asian countries (notably China).

Britney wouldn’t have got married to Kevin that September but they may have got married in 2005

GH:MP also wouldn’t have come out. The knee injury changed a LOT…

Outrageous could have gotten proper single treatment - mv and remix :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

• Love 2

Leg injury was not really an issue. Yes they had to cancel the tour and Outrageous video but it happened in June and in September we got My Prerogative video, she would go back to studio. Probably move to next album.

Kevin was always the issue. Britney was the biggest star in the planet but so alone she needed someone and he was there, to listen, to show her the "real" life.

It is crazy to think she was only 22 years old.

Something would happen sooner or later anyway, if not with Kevin then with someone else.

Edited by MIKE_INT
  • Love 4
  • Like 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.